Search results

1. 5

Briggs 5 hp idle issue or HELP my BRIGGS

Well, I read the description and it says you might not get what's in the picture. I would ask about the 3/4" pto crankshaft also.
  2. 5

Well, I'm just saying that make sure that your not buying broken or damaged parts. The listing says they came from running engines so that's good, but there is no warranty so I would ask them to offer shipping insurance or something. I like to ask about stripped threads or cracks and stuff...
  3. 5

Wow !!! That damage looks similar to an engine I had with a missing wrist pin clip. Since the damage is almost straight up & down it could be the end of a piston ring gouging the cylinder or a wrist pin trying to escape. Might just be dirt scratches also thought. Thanks to ebay, you can get...
  4. 5

Briggs 900 series 6.5 hp w/ electric start!

Nice motor !!! I was told by someone that the only single cylinder OHV blocks with bearings for the crankshaft are the Animal, LO 206, Junior 206, & vanguard series.
  5. 5

I have 2 NOS Briggs 5hp cylinder heads & small bearing covers

I can't post pics for some reason and I do have other parts if your looking for something. Thanks.
  6. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

7. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

8. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

9. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

10. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

11. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

12. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

13. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

14. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

15. Small Bearing

Small Bearing

16. 5

I have 2 NOS Briggs 5hp cylinder heads & small bearing covers

These are from 2 Baddog engines I bought on ebay for a dual engine project. I decided to cancel the project and part out the engines. All I have left are 2 crankcase covers with bolts, 2 cylinder heads with bolts, & an electric start flywheel shroud. I am asking $35 per item, but willing...
  17. 5

Urgent Briggs Help

Sounds like a cam timing issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqqKyPIVKx0 I do my best troubleshooting from watching engines run on youtube.
  18. 5

hooking governor back up on 5hp with tecumseh carburetor. ..

You need to make sure the linkage moves freely or the idle/RPMs become erratic. lol I tried to govern a Tilly performance carb, but the venturi was too large. This cause the governor to hunt at idle and the motor sounded like it had an RPM limiter at full throttle because the governor was...
  19. 5

hooking governor back up on 5hp with tecumseh carburetor. ..

I have a tec carbed briggs 5hp with the governor linkage hooked up. It is easier to do with a 5hp industrial plus linkage setup, though it doesn't bolt up to older engine blocks because there is a mounting hole missing. You can use the regular linkage but you will need to fabricate a custom...
  20. 5

New Ignition Coil for Briggs Fun Power 5 HP

Fun Power ignition coils are no different than other briggs 5hp coils. I prefer these newer aftermarket coils because there cheaper & the timing is advanced a few degrees, which is good for alcohol fuels. Electronic Ignition Coil Replaces Briggs Stratton No 397358 | eBay