Briggs 900 series 6.5 hp w/ electric start!

Hello, I work at Briggs and Stratton in Ky. We can purchase QA tested engines that are just as good as new. Just got my hands on a model 12s437 900 series with cast iron sleeve and electric start! It should be same as a 6.5 hp engine. I believe it also has a dual ball bearing crank but I'm not 100%. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to find a mini bike or go kart to put it on. I've never seen an ohv briggs with all these options together. BTW we only make the vertical shaft engines at my plant. Theses are shipped to us from the other plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It says 205 cc on the air filter cover. Is there a difference in the 205's and 206's. I am aware that Briggs sometime labels the 125 cc engines we make as 126 cc.

CarPlayLB

That's a great start for a minibike motor! ..and as Trinik stated, same platform as the Animal so there is a lot of aftermarket support!

It looks like Briggs has a new head design. Notice how the fins on the head are vertical instead of horizontal like they usually are. I've got an 1150 series I bought for my pressure washer which is a 250 cc that has the same style fins.

Nice motor !!!

I was told by someone that the only single cylinder OHV blocks with bearings for the crankshaft are the Animal,
LO 206, Junior 206, & vanguard series.

It looks like Briggs has a new head design. Notice how the fins on the head are vertical instead of horizontal like they usually are. I've got an 1150 series I bought for my pressure washer which is a 250 cc that has the same style fins. <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
I think that head has been around awhile. This is the head off of the Intek I picked up from OwenD:

Attachments

It's not the same as the head in your pictures. Look closely at the fins and then compare it to yours. This new style looks like it will cool better.

125ccCrazy

Nice motor !!!

I was told by someone that the only single cylinder OHV blocks with bearings for the crankshaft are the Animal,
LO 206, Junior 206, & vanguard series.
not true, I have had a couple 6.5hp Briggs ohv with dual bearing, the one I outfitted it with all WF internals, pvl coil and flywheel etc.. This one here may be a bushing block or possibly a db.... These are tough engines....

I took the crankcase cover off this engine to take a look inside. It turns out it has a pto bearing, a cast iron sleeve, and a cast iron cam, but I didn't see a bearing on the flywheel side.

125ccCrazy

it should have a bushing on the flywheel side then.. still a great engine to build... does the block have the extra strengthening ribs across the front?