13hp Lifan extra fuel line?

jeep4me

I just acquired a brand new, never used 13hp lifan . However, the gas tank was removed to see how the motor fit on a minibike and the fuel lines weren't hooked up when I got it. The lower fuel connects to the main fuel inlet on the carb, that much I know. But, there is a second line that connects on the side of the gas tank near the top. Where should the other end of this line attach? I thought maybe a fuel pump, nothing like that on this motor.

I'll post some pics later tonite, after work.

It sounds like the fuel tank vent hose to me. The other end of that hose would have hooked up to a small emissions control box. Out here in California, we have been dealing with these for years. Most everybody here abandons the entire emissions control stuff. Does the fuel tank have one of those gigantic (unvented) gas caps? That tube can be removed, however, the fuel tank still needs to be vented (very important) or the engine will not run. You can buy a device just made for this purpose. It is a short length (about 3") of fuel hose with a one-way check valve built unto it. Just replace that long hose with one of these. I'll bet someone more computer- savy than me can post a photo or link to the part I'm referring to?
Michael