14cc clone head porting

How do you polish the chamber like that? Head looks nice.
Started with 200 then went to 400 . Then I hit it with a wore out dremel sanding drum then 600 paper . After that I have a small buffing wheel in a drill with some rouge and as soon as I hit it shiney as hell .

trinik7597

At first glimpse I thought you pulled the guides to port it ... Then noticed they were still there .. Well what's left of them lol...

Did you mill a stock cc head down to 14cc? It looks like you lapped it on a surface plate after milling.
I've probably got a bunch of questions for you, since I'm wanting to do the same thing to my clone head.

Did you mill a stock cc head down to 14cc? It looks like you lapped it on a surface plate after milling.
I've probably got a bunch of questions for you, since I'm wanting to do the same thing to my clone head.
It is a 14cc head to start , I unshourded the valves . High is on a 14cc the sides of the valve are right against the side of the chamber , I bevel that edge to get better flow around the valve . The milling part is acctually done intirely on a surface plate , it works but take awhile . I'am getting ready to do a 22cc predator head and going to take 100 thou off of . This time I'am going to try my hand at milling , I've made a plate of aluminum that bolts to the valve cover to work as a fixture to hold the head . My buddy down the street has a Bridgeport mill so we will see .

If you have any ??? Just ask

Today I got the head done , the valves and keepers and rocker arms came in so I could finish it . I did clean up the chamber some as the owner of the head was complaining about a scratch in it LOL .

It looks awesome, but not sure if polishing the combustion chamber or any intake runners for that matter add any horse power or air flow/velocity. You want the exhaust ports to be glassy smooth and the intake port to look like a golf ball surface with all the dimples. Turbulent air flows faster than smoother flowing air.

David's intake is not polished. the chamber polishing just slows down the carbon and makes it easier to remove during rebuilds.