14cc on modified predator

would there be a problem if i put a 14cc head on a modified predator without the dowel pins and if i torqued down the cylinder bolts to 17-18 ft of torque?

You will probably hear different opinions on this topic...but I never run dowel pins on any of my Hondas/clones. From stock to 20+hp motors.

Heres a better question...Why do you really need them? Generally speaking..they are mainly for the factory when they build the motors so the head gasket and everything lines up when their slapped together.

But..there will be people that say different...so I can only give you my opinion and the factories explanation for why they do it.:laugh:

JoePapa

Post up your results. Adding some compression is an easy way to pick up a little. I thought about doing the same thing down the road.

IMO head dowels are not like side cover dowels. Side covers need absolute alignment. Side covers want to rotate off the motor. Heads want to pop off, alignment not so much a issue. I had a thread on this and it was said to use head studs and that would help with alignment. I ended up selling the 14cc and now I'm using a Predator head on a Honda GX 160. Go figure.