1970 Fox Sundowner Build

Ok so I purchased this bike a week ago, and just started working on it a bit today. Paid $75 for a roller (feel like I overpaid a little but not very concerned).

Today I took the whole bike apart, and then started to sand blast a bit of the frame. Until my sand blaster just decided it wanted to stop working.

Sweet

You have a nice start already, that is going to be a fun build.
Are you going to keep it stock or custom?
What engine do you have in mind if custom?

(BTW, you didn't overpay in my opinion).

Thanks
frankster

Cool. Should be an awesome build. I don't think you overpaid. I think Buckeye may be getting overwhelmed with all these foxes he can't have. :laugh:

You have a nice start already, that is going to be a fun build.
Are you going to keep it stock or custom?
What engine do you have in mind if custom?

(BTW, you didn't overpay in my opinion).

Thanks
frankster
Not going to keep it stock going custom on this one haha just want something to ride around. I've been looking at a couple engines and I have three in mind at the moment. Either a new 7HP Predator from Harbor Freight(which I only like because its new for $120), a used Honda 6HP, or an old Briggs and Stratton

MikeBear

Not going to keep it stock going custom on this one haha just want something to ride around. I've been looking at a couple engines and I have three in mind at the moment. Either a new 7HP Predator from Harbor Freight(which I only like because its new for $120), a used Honda 6HP, or an old Briggs and Stratton
This bike came with a 50cc Saxonette 2 stroke motorcycle engine. What you SHOULD do, is transplant a 125cc or 140cc Piranha / Pitster Pro engine into it. Might be a little fitting due to those engines being made for drop-in into Honda's, but it would be cool if you could fit one!

Ebay has them for a good price, and it makes more sense for an engine of this style then a standard lawn-mower type engine

Mike

Last edited:
Started wire wheeling the nuts and bolts off of the rims. Doing the build on a budget so reusing whatever possible

Last edited:
Finally finished the front wheel on the bike. Just lightly sanded the rim down and then painted. Didn't come out perfect, but it looks a hell of a lot better than it used to!

Finally made some more progress on the bike today. Finished putting both wheels back together, and painted a few other parts also primed the forks. I think I've decided I want to paint the frame and forks red. Also I just ordered myself a 212cc Predator :thumbsup: