1970 ish Grasshopper Chopper by ?

I believe I bought this around 1968-1970 ish. It was originally a bright green frame, white engine (B&S?) and I think it was the model named "grasshopper chopper".
I can't remember the manufacturer. It was purchased in Mercersburg, PA from Fred Nair's appliance store. It has long since slipped away into the mists of time and I remember the fun my pals and I had on our rides in the alleys and around the Academy grounds. Any info on the manufacturer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. This is a great forum!!

I'm glad you like it. I took the photo in 1976 with a 35 mm SLR on slide film and never really had a knack for photograhy. These uploads are just iphone shots of the slide projected picture..... Check out the old Kingswood Estate wagon in the background.

Cool....here's an old ad for your bike:

I guess technically they called it a CCS "Charger" ....but they called some of their other bikes "Charger" that weren't choppers ...:shrug:

Thanks to all !! I really like the ad too..
I'll post up my new build when it comes together in the correct area.
I live in an old school neighborhood with kids riding around the streets on gokarts and adults in golf carts, mud buggies etc. I'm gonna putt around on a mini bike***

The engine was originally white and the frame was a very light green. The forks may have been stainless, but anyway it was a nice chrome like look for them, not spray silver. At some point I decided it was not bad ass looking enough with that weak color combo and I broke the whole thing down and did it over in black and gold. I had taken a "shop" course in high school on small engine repair where we completely dissassembled the engine even taking the piston apart, so I was comfortable taking all the paintable parts off the engine for spray painting. Anyway, now I think I should have left it alone!! Wish my little bro had not sold it " for me" while I was away at college..LOL

and a right hand drive B+S dont see them very often very cool
Ha...didn't even notice that. Oldbuzz you must have flipped the slide when you put it in the projector...either that or you were riding your mini bike backwards all those years :biggrin:

I fixed it for ya!

Surprised you didn't notice your back porch door had moved...and your cat's head was on backwards!