1970 Rupp Roadster: Rear Light and Brake Light

JDB

Hello Friends....

A couple of questions about 1970 Rupp Roadster Brake Light and Cable.........I'm trying to get mine to work properly.

On the rear break cable, there is a white plastic device with two wires and connectors attached. (Perhaps my part is broken and not working properly)

With the engine running, and no squeezing of the brake lever, the brake light is lit brightly. When the wires are seperated, the light is dimmer. Conclusion: The brake light is on all the time.

How do I adjust the brake cable to allow space between the wires?
How does the squeezing of the brake lever activate (or close the space) between the connectors?

Any help would be appreciated to a newby to the forum......Thanks J.D.

P.S. Hope this question is located in the correct thread/forum, My apologies if not........

You should have an o-ring between the contacts. The light is dim when they are not touching and the contacts will compress the o-ring and touch when you apply the brakes. The o-rings usually rot and fall off every few years.

JDB

:thumbsup: I worked on "MiniBlue" today with the help of both x-90 rider and pdlsl10.

You guys are fantastic !!! Thanks for the tip, it worked great. Hope this helps someone else in the future............ J.D. :thumbsup: