1970 Rupp Scrambler restored

markus

With the exception the the color I tried to keep this bike as correct as possible.

This was not a pieced together bike, in fact it was a pretty nice 100% origianl bike that just needed redone. Frame, tank, numberplate, motor, seat, TQ, chain/sprockets, all nuts/bolts as well as a few other parts are original to the bike. Chrome fenders, and chainguard are NOS that I found. Correct reproduction parts include TQ cover, decals (some of which are NOS), kill switch, optional grab bar, USA plate, fuel shut off valve (1970 did not have them but I added for storage purposes).

Frame has been powdercoated, I did not modify or grind any welds, no repairs had to be made either.

Tank was creemed/sealed using POR 15, and any pin holes after sandblasting were welded. paint on tank and motor have been clearcoated.

Motor was totally disassembled and checked out/detailed. It even got a new piston/rings (did not need it, I my butterfingers dropped the original piston on accident:doah:)

Only has about one tank of fuel through it, Bike runs great and starts easily.

Imperfections are very minor, front handlebars are original chrome and have a few blemishes as well as the shocks and springs and rear wheel. But for originals they are about the best I have seen. I spent over a yea just trying to find nice chrome parts for this bike.

Added bonus is I will include the original owners manual, registration card, and envelope that would have came with the bike when you purchased it new, All in nearly mint condition! But wait, that's not all:doah: I also have a mint original 1970 brochure to go with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$1300, I will be happy to help with shipping. It of course it will be your choice as to how you want it shipped, I will disassemble the bike if that the way you want it. I'm not going to try and get qoutes for tire kickers, figure in the range of $150 +/- at least thats roughly what I costs me to get bikes here to me in FL.

link to the build thread which shows the before and after of this bike:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/6865-gonna-start-scrambler.html

Please note there is now a new TQ cover/decals, and correct kill switch with correct colored wire installed since these pics.

markus

bump. Considering the ebay route, and possibly parting it out on there next week or so. so If your interested in the complete bike let me know.

t84a

That thing is beautiful. Don't part it out. Hang in there. Someone will buy it. There are very few left.

Markus, Nice job on your bike !I just purchased a scrambler or Roadster today not exactly sure which one it is, but do you know where to get a new seat cover .The foam is fine need a cover and a bunch of other parts.

Thanks Charlie

I didn't have time today for pics JRZ but maybe over this weekend , Front fender, front plate , I ordered new seat today.Torque con cover ,foot peg covers , motor not sure about yet ? muffler.

Alot to do and get :laugh:

Thanks Charlie