1972 conversion to electric

Thank you to all of your comments to my first post on this forum trying to ID my "barn" find - 1972 Speedway Blue Angel.
A little background on me to mitigate the boo's I'm sure I'll receive posting converting this thing to Electric.
I've been big into motorcycle and cars for 30 years... specifically old stuff. I built a beautiful 1969 Honda CL350 into a restomod race bike with Martini livery. I've had handful of Ducatis and a few Triumph and BMW. I currently also Vintage Road Race (VSCDA) a 1974 MG B. For the first time in 20 years, last year I found my self motorcycle-less for the first time in 20-ish years... the reason is, I picked up a beautiful 1974 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTV, and the wifey said something's gotta-go (i couldn't argue and felt the same), so I sold my Ducati S2R1000. I absolutely LOVE old vehicles and am not that thrilled w/ all this hybrid/green "nonsense."
I have 2 young boys (7 and 10) that I'd like them to be able to ride this mini-bike, and the other main purpose is to have it at the Racetracks for race weekend(s) - some of our tracks like Road America, a golf cart of mini bike is nice to have for the paddock. Since I'm always farting around with fuel-this and fuel-that, what's 110leaded, what's mixed, what's AvGas, no ethanol in this or that, and so on,,, and I have no more room for more tool boxes dedicated to certain carb manufacturer and type dedicated toolboxes, electric is appealing. also at the track, anyone can "hop on" the electric one and scoot around - don't have to worry about my wife or other wives pull starting, choking, etc.

So, all that being known, I've decided to convert this Blue Angel to electric. I do plan on keeping the (unworking and incomplete) HS50 and rebuilding it over the next few years (not this winter, i have a racecar transmission, alfa head, and alfa trans to rebuild), and also not making any no-turing-back changes to the frame, so i can (or my boys can) turn it back to stock in the future.

I have a horrible tendency of turning small, " just fix it up" projects into huge money pits. given my current situation w/ a few heavy cost years of Alfa/MG maintenance, i really need to keep this built reasonable.

After some initial recon, look like you can get a 2000W 36V motor kit, without batteries, on Amazon for ~$150. That doesn't include batteries. Maybe there's a thread for all these questions I'm going to ask, but after around 2hr of searching, I didn't see any, so I opted to do this - share my story.

Can someone point me in the direction of any build threads? Or, I'd love to hear your suggestions as to what to use for "powerplant." Things I'd like to consider:
*Wattage
*Battery voltage
*freewheel needed, standard?
*gear ratios for motor and rear sprocket - now that Torque converter will be eliminated

I also need to buy a new front fork, possibly a swingarm, and other odds and ends.