1977 Z50 Project - Thoughts / Opinions / Guidance needed (pic)

So a buddy called me and said he was tired of fooling with his nearly completed 1977 z50. Almost everything on the bike has been restored except the engine. It has mint wheels with new tires, foot pegs and kick stand that aren't pictured. I have the original engine that came off the bike that hasn't been touched. Here is what I need direction with. Would you A> Rebuild/Restore the original engine and go with that or B> Buy a Lifan 125 kit and go with that. If I go the Lifan route I could restore the original engine to have for future sale. I have a 5yo son who currently has an '89 Z50 and an '01 xr50. I assume that he will eventually want to ride this. Any idea on the value as it sits? Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Neck

Growing up is optional
The 125 will make that bike an animal! With that short wheelbase you won't be able to keep the front wheel on the ground. Is there something really wrong with the 50 engine?

I honestly don't know what the internal state of the original engine is - The bike is almost perfect as it sits so I want whatever engine that goes back into it to be as nice. The thought being that I go ahead and rebuild / restore the stock engine. With that in mind if I buy a lifan or other engine I could have it ride-able while I take my time on the stock engine.

I'm going to run a 86cc Lifan on my hardtail Z50. The 125 are also nice on the Z's with rear suspension if you get the 1.5 longer aluminum swing arm. On my monkey clone I run a 72cc Lifan engine on it. You will like it more with the 4 speed Lifan engine with more displacement for a adult rider,