2 1/2 hp briggs weight

Anyone know the weight of a 2 1/2 and a 5 hp briggs engine. Thinking about putting two 2 1/2 hp briggs on my dart kart, I know 5hp would run better but I always liked the looks of duel engine karts. Just wondered what the weight difference would be. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. Thats alot of extra weight for only 2 1/2 hp increase, Ill probably put the extra briggs on a mini bike frame and leave the kart a single.

yea your better off with the 5 if the 2.5s are completly stock. but if you soup up the little ones a bit put bigger carbs ,pipe and port work it might be worth the trouble for the cool factor:shrug: those little briggs are pretty anemic though so it might still be slower than the 5

Yes, but they are very expensive when buying pairs of vintage minibike gokart correct two strokes..

The 5 horse has more torque, but the 3 horse motors will go like hell wound out..

Put two of them on it and there's an instant twice the torque.. :shrug:

How about two McCullochs (or West Bends or PPs)? Isn't that what Darts were designed for?
Like the restore kid says, lots of money. I have a stock mc 49 that Ive had on it,been looking for another. Havent found anything under $400. Since Im 6' 2'' tall I dont really fit in it anymore so I hate to dump lots on money into it.