2 baja heats gone a tad sour deal

Hi all. Complete newb here. Well after a summer of my boy cruising craigslist for something to ride on his budget. He found 2 Baja 6.5 heat's for 500.00. 1 was running really good and the other ran half way decent on half choke for 1.5 weeks and things went south. The good running 1 developed a hole in the gasket spraying oil everywhere and by the sounds of it running before he could shut it off sounded pretty bad and probable engine damage. #2 I'm pretty sure the oil cap was either twisted on crooked or not on tight enough and long story short is completely seized up.

What i'm looking for on his money left over if there's a drop and go motor without fabrications like the 6.5 from harbor freight. he's got roughly 300 to work with for 2 bikes and he just wants to ride and it doesn't have to be performance out just a decent running motor. any and all help on what to look for and where to buy would be awesome

joshua. c.

have you tried freeing the frozen engine with some penitrating oil ? most of the time you drop some in the head, let it sit, then twist the flywheel or pull start untill it pops free. i did this successfully with two engines that ran out of oil and one that froze from sitting to long, and they still run well years latter. it shoold work provided the cylinder isn't scarred to badly. althow it somtomes dosn't work it depends on the dammage. if you cant free it up you shoold sell off all the un damaged engine parts to help pay for the new engine. i'm sure some members hear could use the parts.

joekd

The $99 predator and a decent aftermarket clutch will make the bikes a blast to ride

Keep in mind if you swap the motor you will loos the lighting coil, hardly a big deal since the OEM light is so poor anyway