2 more projects! I.D. help??

DaveL12

There are differences between these frames..I'm trying to decide which of the two would be the best candidate to dump some money into, any suggestions? I'm thinking the blue one is a little newer than the rusty one but shoot some opinions my way. Are they the same model but different years??

markus

blue one is a Lil indian, pre '69 like a 6000 model

other one is a 1969 Rupp model, I would say goat or ram (same bike, they had to change the name early on) since there is no headlight mounts on the forks

markus

Both answers seem correct to me! Thank you! Except my bike doesn't have folding handle bars..?
yes, folding handlebars were one of the changes made for the 1969 year models (they look like z50/ct70 bars, nothing like yours)......thats why I said "pre '69" Lil indian was actually a little slow getting their 1969 models introduced, that is an article from early 1969 showing that the changes were coming.

DaveL12

Ohh cool! I get it so would you suggest I build the Indian or rupp?? I have the rear rim for the rupp so I'm leaning that way... Which is a better ride? The Indian is cool in that it has the spring shocks inside the fork tubes but the frame is broken at one of the welds underneath the seat. To you guys that's probably an easy fix but for me...all I have is a ratchet set lol any input is appreciated!

DaveL12

I do like it too I went there for the Indian and ended up leaving with the rupp on a whim haha I might hold on to both and work on them together.. I just wanna get my rupp finished so I can finally ride something around!! It's killing me to just look at