20 degree angle carb wedge.

danford,
You can get one from Blackwidow Motorsports for $ 39.00 (and complete your project) and you STILL won't pull the trigger? What is your TIME worth? It must be a LOT less than mine...
Michael

Does anyone have, make or sell a 20 degree carb wedge?
I have Rupp's with the slanted HS40 engine. I saw on old post a while back where a guy was selling 20 degree wedges that go if front of the carb but can't find the thread. They were cheap like $10 shipped or something like that.
I bought one of those weddges way back when Hamlin was selling them. I think you may have gotten your information confused though, it was around $25 bucks, not ten.

Back then the HS40 (Tec 33301) slanted intake wasn't available as a repop, only originals were out there. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a NOS one, and I looked into getting it reproduced. I talked to a couple of foundries and machine shops, and was basically told, with minimum orders required, it would cost north of FIVE GRAND......So I quickly scrapped the project, and got rid of my Rupps.

Since then (I don't know if it was BlackWidow or not, but they seem to be selling the most of them) someone pulled the trigger and had them reproduced. And at $39 bucks each, that's a hell of a bargain for a (once almost impossible) hard part to find. Not to mention, they probably only did one run of them and who knows how long they will last?

Last edited:
I bought one of those weddges way back when Hamlin was selling them. I think you may have gotten your information confused though, it was around $25 bucks, not ten.

Back then the HS40 (Tec 33301) slanted intake wasn't available as a repop, only originals were out there. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a NOS one, and I looked into getting it reproduced. I talked to a couple of foundries and machine shops, and was basically told, with minimum orders required, it would cost north of FIVE GRAND......So I quickly scrapped the project, and got rid of my Rupps.

Since then (I don't know if it was BlackWidow or not, but they seem to be selling the most of them) someone pulled the trigger and had them reproduced. And at $39 bucks each, that's a hell of a bargain for a (once almost impossible) hard part to find. Not to mention, they probably only did one run of them and who knows how long they will last?
Thanks. I also saw a tutorial on how to make one but can't find that either. It was a solid 1" piece of aluminum with the 3 holes drilled in it then it was cut on a corner to corner diagonal to make two wedges. Pretty slick if you had the material and a band saw...

Danford1