2008 Doodlebug rebuild

Hey guys, First time poster here. My brother and I just bought a baja doodle bug, stripped the carb off and spent a couple hours cleaning the whole fuel system and found out it still doesn't start.

Found out that it had no spark so we figured in the time that it takes for a new coil to get shipped to us we can strip it down, clean it up, repaint it and re-upholster the seat and get it back together in time to play with it on christmas day at our parents house.

I have not taken a lot of pictures but it was a green old style doodlebug that had been sitting outside so long that the entire bike was mildewed. We had to take the seat off and wash the bike before we could even work on it.

The first is when we first got it, the second is after teardown and paint, and the third is my brother hand sewing the seat cover.

It's looking pretty good so far.

I'll be sure to take some more pics during reassembly.

Hopefully the new coil will be all i need for the motor to run. It felt like compression was low but there was still some. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I don't want to check the valves without ordering a new gasket.

The motor looks like crap so maybe we'll do a 212 predator swap soon. I also have a newer doodlebug that I want to be able to keep around the same speed so we can keep up with each other. I guess if we do one swap I'll do both.

My brother is hand sewing the seat right now so that should be done soon and I'll snap a picture of that.

Made some progress tonight. My brother learned how to upholster today. The upholstery shop wanted $75 if we supplied the materials. He did it by hand and it looks pretty killer.

He's going back to the upholstery shop tomorrow to ask them for a job.

welcome aboard, you would be real happy with the predator.
Has anyone made a mounting plate for the predator/larger motors or does everyone just buy an adjustable one? I want to read up on making one so I can take any problems into account but I can't find anything on it.

As far as an update, the fram frame, fork, and fender have clear coat on them and I think I'll work on cleaning up the motor and getting some pieces put together today.

Dude bike looks good so far . Hey my brother lives in wilmington also and is in to minibikes . What part of wilmington do you live? He lives in some crappy neighborhood called land fall .

Dude bike looks good so far . Hey my brother lives in wilmington also and is in to minibikes . What part of wilmington do you live? He lives in some crappy neighborhood called land fall .
HAHA, some crappy neighborhood called landfall! I agree but just don't tell anyone who lives there that. I live downtown. I'll PM you my email address and you can pass it on to him.

Thanks for the compliment. I picked up some pine sol to clean all the engine parts with and I hope the darn coil and wheel bearings get here soon so I can get it running and ride it.