212 dies when cornering?? Low oil disconnected.

Good Morning OldMiniBikes,

I am looking for some help. I recently acquired a go kart for next to nothing. It had a 5.5hp Tecumseh power sport on there. It was not quite fast enough and I always wanted to see what the predator hype was about. I pulled the tec and installed the 212. Runs great. Unless you take a turn, left or right.

I disconnected the low oil sensor, and that helped. Then i realized my fuel system did not have a vent. I added a little vent, and that helped. I set it on some blocks, and ran it wide open for 60 seconds, no issues. When we take it out and run it hard on the track, you get anywhere between 20-40 seconds before it dies. Longer if you continue in a straight line.

Any ideas???? Any help is appreciated.

947c3358-99c9-42cd-b82f-40235aa25597.JPG

Attachments

its trying to tell you its want to go straight and fast.
or
check the fuel shut off valve on the carb if it has one. usually the rubber inside gets tweaked and closes off the flow to a weak trickle and thats probably whats going on, while you sit there and scratch your heads, its filling up the bowl just enough to do it again to ya

X-2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I've had the rubber part go bad on two or three of these engines...and it hard to figure it out.

Well, I got home last night and took the carb apart. Everything looked as it should. I put it back together and then worked on the electrical connections. I am pretty sure the low oil sensor wire was grounding somewhere when I was hitting the turns hard.

I got it buttoned back up and ran like a champ. The only time it died was when it ran out of fuel. Thanks for the help folks!