212 Predator ATV build.

I acquired a 90cc(?) Chinese atv that I plan on putting a predator with a tav on it. My question is what size sprocket to use and what are yalls suggestions on how to rig up a tensioner. Also what rpm is the stock cam good to and what is a good torque cam since the black mamba jr. is not available right now.

Last edited:
Made a bit of progress. I'm going to use a tensioner for a Baja warrior and I know I'm going to go with a larger rear sprocket for more torque and chain clearance. Right now the chain is millimeters above the swing arm mount.

I'm hoping to do exactly the same thing you're doing, but I plan on using a jackshaft to make gearing a little easier. TAV is a little too spendy for me right now. Are you using a 41 chain? Is that the stock rear sprocket? It'll be nice to ignore the battery and electrical problems these quads are known to have. I can't wait to get mine finished. I'll be running a stock pred on mine.

I'm hoping to do exactly the same thing you're doing, but I plan on using a jackshaft to make gearing a little easier. TAV is a little too spendy for me right now. Are you using a 41 chain? Is that the stock rear sprocket? It'll be nice to ignore the battery and electrical problems these quads are known to have. I can't wait to get mine finished. I'll be running a stock pred on mine.
Yes that is the stock rear sprocket and yes to 41 chain. I rode it the other day and it confirmed that the gearing is way to high. It was smoking the clutch and the chain broke very quickly. I have done more since I took the last pictures but have been too lazy to take new pictures.

I haven't done anything to the atv since my last post. Mainly weather and busy with other stuff. I have found the jack-shaft from my baja and I plan on using it temporarily to help with the gearing problem until I can afford to buy a tav and new rear sprocket.

Any suggestions for a good torque cam? I am not looking for high speed I just want the power to climb hills.

In the pictures it hard to tell but the exhaust is hitting the frame. I wanted to have the exhaust run on the outside of the frame but would hit the body so I had to run it on the inside. Any suggestions for a exhaust that would work better or am I stuck with my home made job?

Just saw that Isky has the black mamba jr cams back in stock so that will probably be the cam I pick up for this engine and the engine for both of my go karts. I would like to know a comparable cam in case he runs out of stock before I can order the mamba jr cam.