#219H Chain Vs. BF05T Chain?

I'm Mizo, and I'm new to minibikes. I'm 18, and have an eye for anything Gear-Head related, and like to get my hands dirty.

I recently purchased a Chinese chopper that I picked up for $60 with a worn out 2-Stroke in it. I decided it was time for it to get a new heart, and went big, with a Predator 212cc engine, cause they were on sale for around $100 a few weeks ago where I live. The rear wheel is a PAIN to remove, so the rear sprocket is the one i'm going on, until I can find a way to remove the rear wheel with better ease. I did measuring with a simple wooden ruler, and came up that my chain is one or the other, 219H or BF05T. I do not know which though. Can they be interchanged on the sprocket since they're such close sized chains?

Also, I purchased a clutch off of Amazon, and it seems to work great. BUT I cannot seem to find a Sprocket with a 3/4" bore that is either of those chain sizes. Could someone lead me in the right direction for that? I'm searching for one between 24-30 teeth, any size will do between those teeth numbers.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. Not many of us are in to Chinese choppers. I don't know what those chain specs are. Most of the Chinese Choppers are considered worthless, and not constructed well enough to handle the power of the motor you just bought.

The quick answer to your question is to change the rear sprocket so the chain matches the clutch, (probably ANSI 35) but doing that might require machine shop services.

The sprocket on your clutch will be 11 or 12 teeth, with the back sprocket being around 50 to 70 teeth. Post a photo of what you have, and maybe you can get some more help.

No one wants to hear bad news, and I hope I am wrong about the bike you picked up. From the look of things, you might be better off getting another bike to play with. Here is a link to someone who asked a similar question.

Read it all the way through, and try not to get pissed off.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/what-is-it-/97778-bought-20-clue-post850812.html#post850812

Thanks for the comments Dave, and Izzy! Mine's not even close to any of those, thankfully. I think those kind of bikes look like trash. :laugh: Mine looks like an actual scaled down chopper.

20150423_211331.jpg

I do believe it's still a China made bike, but it's not one of the odd looking one's, it at least somewhat resembles an actual motorcycle.

(Please forgive the paint job. it was put on there by the old owner. It's a metallic color, and the bottom was scraped off to reveal the plastic, in what I think they were trying to go for a primered and sanded down look... But I don't know.)

Thanks!

*EDIT* It looks much smaller in the picture than it really is. The rims are 12", not including the tire.

Last edited:
Well, I got the rear tire off after fighting with it for a good hour. :hammer:

I do not have a caliper to read precise measurements, but I have come up with some close rough estimates until I can purchase one, or borrow one.

Bore - 54mm or 2-1/8"

Bolt circle diameter - 65mm or 2.55906"

Adj. Bolt spacing - 46mm or 1.81102"

I think it's a metric bolt circle, but will wait to confirm until I have a caliper.