2nd HOBBY

Gotta couple othere hobbies, actually been away from the bikes for awhile. I'm big into collecting ancient artifacts, and I'm restoring a Meyers Manx dune buggy, and I build miniture tractors...I keep busy.

Coop

that thing is sick. i love lifted full-size Blazers.
It's fun. But you learn as you go along. At first, 12" of lift is really cool on a suburban. Then you realize it's not that practical, and you break way more often.

Then I downgraded to 7" of lift on this K5, and it's still too much. I'll probably take it down to 4" and yank the rest of the body off in the spring and just do a roll cage body.

It's fun. But you learn as you go along. At first, 12" of lift is really cool on a suburban. Then you realize it's not that practical, and you break way more often.

Then I downgraded to 7" of lift on this K5, and it's still too much. I'll probably take it down to 4" and yank the rest of the body off in the spring and just do a roll cage body.
I agree on the lift, my buddy has 18" of lift with 44 super swamper on his chevy stepside. It is a real bitch to get into, but easy to get to his spark plugs. Also it has real cool cross over steering on it. I myself am happy with 4" lift with 33's.

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Here is another toy that I use for reccreation. One picture shows our [my eldest son and I] FWD push truck pushing our land speed car off the start line at the salt flat. The truck is used for off road stuff but can't be too greatly altered, like 33 tires, because it has to do both things. There are a lot of opportunities for 4-wheeling in my area so owning this old truck is fun. One problem is that the salt is getting to the body but I don't care. The other picture shows the back of the car. The horizontal wheel between the chutes is what the truck pushes against. The four wheel drive is a big help for getting traction on the salt. I really like this old truck because you can't hurt it and it has a lift gate and the trails are only 20 minutes away.

restoring this jeep right now. minibikes are actually my second or third hobby. I also have a 46 2a and a porsche 911 i play with. Besides minibikes i also build intresting custom bicycles sometimes gocarts and stuff. Also i play around with rc cars and slot cars. Sometimes i build furniture. Oh and my K5 is peaking in the picture nexto my willys :) Its just my work truck though. Probrobly replacing it with the cj-5

Last edited:
I play around with my 1940 farmall tractor and shoot on the national sporting clay circut.At the end of the day mini bikes are cheaper and whole lot more fun.
PETE

restoring this jeep right now. minibikes are actually my second or third hobby. I also have a 46 2a and a porsche 911 i play with. Besides minibikes i also build intresting custom bicycles sometimes gocarts and stuff. Also i play around with rc cars and slot cars. Sometimes i build furniture. Oh and my K5 is peaking in the picture nexto my willys :) Its just my work truck though. Probrobly replacing it with the cj-5

I love those old Porsches!!!

whats not to love :) If you want one you should get one. There not as much $ as everyone thinks. Got mine for 9K and its 300$ a year for insurance. Cheaper than a honda :thumbsup:

65ShelbyClone

Anyone else do anything crazy ?:eek:ut:
I don't know how "crazy" it is, but......Project Timebomb
I'm trying to sort out a different engine that won't blow up so easily, probably a Honda XL600 or XR600/650L. At least those will handle 70+bhp without too much help. I'm hoping to track down an easy source of E85 in the process. Just takes money, I suppose.

I also ride my XR600, tangle with computers and upgrades, collect old(ish) stereo equipment, DVDs, and turbochargers, Home brew my own beer, go backpacking/hiking, collect backpacking equipment, and dabble in photography/videography/digital illustration.

I have a couple hobbies ,, I have a 66 Cub cadet and I build custom Motorcycles like this Cafe ,, The Minibikes go way back and will be with me for years to come ..

Oldsalt

shoe

Beautiful Cafe. Really good job. Even got rear-sets. The whole machine has a nice stance. One of my projects is to convert a ersatz Roal Enfield 500 [2006] to a cafe, so I can appreciate what it took to convert your bike.

Thanks for the nice words , Your right Old salt it took a year to complete the Cafe , and Yes I built the rear sets myself using linkages from lawn mowers ,, As far as the Cub Cadet I do not have it listed anywhere online BUT the PO might have ,, I bought it as it sits ,, This was new to me to buy something done , But I got such a good price on it ,, I plan on doing a couple changes to it though ,, I worked for Cub Cadet in the 80s when they were taken over by MTD ,, I always wanted a nice Cadet ,, Now I do :thumbsup: