390 to 200 carburetor problems?

BWL

I've heard that people have a hard time using a 390 carburetor on a gx200. I know most guys use it for alky, but why is it a problem on gas? What is the problem? Have their been any solutions?

I am unsure why it doesn't run that great on gas versus alky. Someone will chime in but a solution if you will is the mikuni carbs with their similar size venturies and they run fine on gas.

Last edited:
He will not build a gas 390 carb for a clone.

youngengines
4 Cycle Advanced User

Thanks guys, but I don't do Gas 390 carbs..

[MENTION=3072]ole4[/MENTION]. I thought that he would. I have not kept up with the Facebook page lately. I new he built race carbs and I assumed that he would build a gas carb. My mistake. Sorry [MENTION=55159]BWL[/MENTION]....

Doug

No problem he does build 390 alky carbs for the clones but with gas they just have stumble issues for some reason. there are people out there selling them but I do not have any idea how they run. Most people have issues. I myself have never tried one so I am only parroting what I have read.

390 gas carbs

no problem he does build 390 alky carbs for the clones but with gas they just have stumble issues for some reason. There are people out there selling them but i do not have any idea how they run. Most people have issues. I myself have never tried one so i am only parroting what i have read.
we do 390 carbs for gas or methanol, custom built for your engine,guaranteed,fully adjustable main and primary contact me for info wilson092@gmail.com 100's sold 2 complaints....... Installer errors thanks .....dave..........no stumbles

trinik7597

When 390 carbs are bored they have issues with gas ... Barry young and Gary Costanza have both verified this .. if they are not bored to full potential the same problems may not exist !! I don't know who Dave has sold hundreds to ...

390 carb on gasoline/nitrous over here with 0 issues. Just have to know what you are doing I guess. Even Jody@ ARC doesn't mess with them on gas.

BWL

See that's what I'm saying. I've heard Jody say that he hates working on 390s for gas. I figure if Jody can;t figure it out, something must be amiss.

See that's what I'm saying. I've heard Jody say that he hates working on 390s for gas. I figure if Jody can;t figure it out, something must be amiss.
I talked to Jody and told him what I was doing and he was skeptical to say the least BUT we have 390 carbs working on multiple different 212's on gasoline, m5 all of it. Mine is personally on gasoline, 87-93 whichever I have and a dry shot of nitrous from a .016 jet. She moves.
Look up
Rogersz06 on YouTube and subscribe... I post a lot of different stuff on there.