4 wheels and almost street legal

Got it for a really good price with the motor apart, and supposedly a broken transaxle, but found it to just have a broken axle. Got a used engine that turned out to be rebuilt recently, but had a junk case. Found a good case and rebuilt the engine. Put in a big cam and slapped a bunch of chrome on it.

It came with a couple different sets of offroad style wheels with it, but I had this set of vintage Centerlines sitting around, so I slapped them on.

It does unbelievable donuts in the dirt. I drive it on the street a lot, but it's really got a lot of things that I could get a ticket for.

Last edited:

markus

cool! I like the simplicty of the cage is it somewhat structual or just a bolt in?

If Kymco's still doing them look into their upswept ceramic coated merged header. Its a pretty nice equal length header and they have decent powder coating unlike Empi and Bugpack.

I used one on my Baja, Also I suggest a long supertrapp over the shorty if you get the downturned pipe. the shorty puts it right on the pipes and also right over a the basic rear cages that are avail. here's my baby that I miss badly:

Heres a better shot of that exhaust:

A good friend just past last week, I have to help his wife out with alot of his VW collection. He has 3 documented Manx's and about 4 other knock-off's

Krymco is still making great pipes I love their flanged J-Pipes I have a set of his pipes for my Type III 1776 Skatt motor for my Trike project. I have the 4 into one by Bug-pac with the long stainless muffler for the Rupp Centaur Trike it also is Jet coated. The 4 into 1 is a must for proper exhaust. Tom the centerlines look good on that buggy. should be a lot of fun. Steve :scooter:

Man i so want one I have always been a manx fan and wanted one since i was a kid! I might just build one for my next car project!

this is what i want mine to look like

Coop

InjunTom...Cool buggy I've seen that Buggy before, over at Dune Buggy Archives? I'm presently working on one too, a Meyers Manx with a Porsche 356 engine, hope to have it done by next summer...

cool! I like the simplicty of the cage is it somewhat structual or just a bolt in?

If Kymco's still doing them look into their upswept ceramic coated merged header. Its a pretty nice equal length header and they have decent powder coating unlike Empi and Bugpack.

I used one on my Baja, Also I suggest a long supertrapp over the shorty if you get the downturned pipe. the shorty puts it right on the pipes and also right over a the basic rear cages that are avail. here's my baby that I miss badly:

Heres a better shot of that exhaust:

A good friend just past last week, I have to help his wife out with alot of his VW collection. He has 3 documented Manx's and about 4 other knock-off's
My cage is pretty nice. Bolts to the pan, so it's a pretty solid setup.

I kinda like the stinger look right now, but would like the sound of dual buggy exhaust to be able to really hear the cam, so I may go with something like that later too.

Bummer about your buddy. Hope you find good homes for all the buggies.

Krymco is still making great pipes I love their flanged J-Pipes I have a set of his pipes for my Type III 1776 Skatt motor for my Trike project. I have the 4 into one by Bug-pac with the long stainless muffler for the Rupp Centaur Trike it also is Jet coated. The 4 into 1 is a must for proper exhaust. Tom the centerlines look good on that buggy. should be a lot of fun. Steve :scooter:
Yeah, I could visualize the Centerlines even before I got them on. I'd like to find some 10" ones for the rear later. They should be fairly cheap when I find them since they don't fit many cars or trucks being a deep 10 with car pattern. Since I have to use adapters it won't matter whether Ford or GM pattern either.

InjunTom...Cool buggy I've seen that Buggy before, over at Dune Buggy Archives? I'm presently working on one too, a Meyers Manx with a Porsche 356 engine, hope to have it done by next summer...
Coop, I saw yours over there too. You got lucky finding an actual Meyers. I'm pretty happy with the styling of mine and the fact that it was built about 70 miles from me.

Gosh, I remember being a kid in the sixties and you'd see buggies everywhere. Now nothing. Those were the days!

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!

Here is my pride and joy '72.

Just out of curiosity, how do you like the single weber setup. I'm kind of pulling my hair out with my dual kadrons, great one day and a total dissapointment the next.

This carb is working out fine, but it's really like 2 carbs siamesed together. The buggy runs pretty damn good with the cam and intake setup it has, not to mention how light it is.