5-hp Briggs I/C engine

5-horse Briggs I/C engine... good performance base with cast-iron bore. I believe these also had dual ball main bearings in the block. This engine came off of a water pump in which the pump broke. I haven't run it, but it turns over just fine. Engine is complete with air cleaner and muffler. $125 plus shipping.

Attachments

From what was told the engine is fine; it was just the pump that it was attached to that failed. I would have to check again to be sure, but I'm pretty sure the crank PTO end is 3/4" diameter? It turns over with good compression. Not aware of any issues with it. I will need to take the time to be sure it is absolutely drained of oil before packaging it for shipment.

Okay, I drained it of oil and popped the side cover off... dating back to 1992, this does NOT appear to be a dual bearing engine. No idea when those started, but I thought I'd update the ad to reflect this new information. Still, clean looking engine and, at the very least, it has a cast iron bore. New price: $60 plus shipping.

Attachments