5 hp briggs Need some advice

So guys I just picked up another briggs 5 hp this week. This one is a newer style fun power engine. The guy only wanted 35 bucs for it so I could not pass up. I figure I will just resale it on ebay. After getting it running I noticed it smoked. Once it got warmed up it still smoked but not really much only when you reved it up. I took the head off and found a nice little score on the cylinder wall. It has good compression and runs really really good the way it is minus the smoke. Do you guys think that a good honing and new rings would clear this up. The rest of the cylinder looks mint. I could sell it the way it is right now and just put in the description that it does smoke and that there is a score on the wall but I really dont want to do that. I would rather sell a really nice good running engine.

Here are some pics

Right after I pulled the head off, you can see some standing oil

1st view of the scoring

2nd view of the scoring

It is kind of hard to see but its there. It goes down the length of the cylinder

Neck

Growing up is optional
If it has good power, I'd leave it alone and let it smoke. I can't really tell from the picture, is the bore aluminum or cast iron?

Neck

Growing up is optional
If you did decide to try and fix it, your best bet would be to sleeve it, but that in my opinion would not be worth it. There are too many other engines with good bores to use for low cost. Or you could just use it the way it is.

Neck

Growing up is optional
The rule with honing/boring is if you can catch the scratch with your fingernail, it should be bored, because if you hone enough to remove a scratch that deep, the bore will be too large for proper piston clearance. We have however gone over 200 mph on a scratched bore. 240 mph as a matter of fact! your results may vary.

Neck

Growing up is optional
OK.....If you want to see what's going on, remove the piston and then remove the top ring from the piston. Take the ring and put it in the bore, and using the top of the piston (to keep the ring square with the bore) push the ring into the bore, somewhere below the top of the scratch. Now shine a small bright flashlight at the bore below the ring. Can you see light shining up through the scratch, or do you see light from behind the ring on both sides of the scratch?

I havent removed the piston yet becuase I dont want to break into it if I am not gonna rebuild it. I have another engine like this that I have talked about in a different thread that I tore into tonight. It is the same size bore could I just use the top ring from that one?? Should work right? I wont be able to do anything else on it till tomorrow. I can get a piston ring combo shipped to my house for 24 bucs

Neck

Growing up is optional
Yeah sure, if you have another standard 5 horse ring that will work too. I didn't know you had other resources.