5 HP H50 Tecumseh for sale

I have been told this is a 1983 model. It currently does not run and will need a rebuild. I was going to do it but I am just not a tecumseh guy I prefer briggs. I took most everything apart except the side cover(i couldn't get the pulley off of the shaft). I believe it has a bad camshaft because the lifters do not function like they should. The cylinder is in really good condition for an old engine. Id say get the valves functioning again, add new rings and a honing plus a good carb clean and this old tecumseh should run again. This would look great on someones older mini bike.

50 bucs plus shipping!! It weighs approx 40 pounds and will ship usps parcel post. Shipping will be approx 30 bucs give or take 5 dollars or so

Pm me or Text me at 931-980-1261

jrzmac

What designates it to be an 83 ?? ... Could it be a 73 ?? ...
I think I heard one time that the way you can tell the age, is by the recoil. it either has screws or rivets holding it onto the blower housing. I just dont know which way is which? could be that the screws were older but :shrug: ??? someone will know!

maybe someone can post a pic of an engine they definitely know is from the 80's so we can see if it's riveted or not! BTW, i'm pretty sure that flag decal is original to the engine, right Rockwall?
Yes sir , All original ... Here is a pic of another engine of mine believed to be made in the 80's ... Still not the 5hp power plant though

jrzmac

Could have been but no, the bike is a very modified Arco I am still fooling with but the engine I got from Randy in trade.
I dont think so. thats the same one I have and mine is a repro I got from EBay. they're nice but you can the the original one on the engine that Rockwall posted in his post. The originals had the cc numbers on the bottom of the decal

Yeah it's a reproduction decal, the engine was rebuilt and was reportedly a Powerdyne engine with minibike throttle. The tank has a Decal with Powerdyne serial # on it. I'm putting it on my K&S Hornet eventually since it's the only bike I have without a remote tank, the side fill tank is nice. I know the engine is not 100% correct but I build riders.:thumbsup: