5 Posts :

Most forums have a minimum post count before you can do things like that to stop spammers from abusing their site/members. I think it is a good thing.

Hent

Most forums have a minimum post count before you can do things like that to stop spammers from abusing their site/members. I think it is a good thing.
That's exactly it.

This site wasn't built on members coming here to PM (Private Message) a member, or post a quick ad in the classified and never come back.

It's about contribution. Help another member out, post an introduction, ask a question, etc.

5 post is not bad , ya its no fun if you really want something that is posted and you cant pm the person selling it or post up something . but its not all that hard to look in the like 1000 pages of threads and come up with 5 things to say .also it gives a chance to remove all the bogus crap like buy chi tangs shoes or some other garbage . makes for a nice place to play and not be pelted with stupid pms and adds for junk .
but hey your past the 5 so your free to post and pm . any ways welcome to the forms , hope ya have fun and meet new people . :thumbsup:

I've lurked here here quite awhile and only recently registered. Gotta admit, I think it's good for the integrety of the site. :thumbsup:

you need to have 10 or 15 posts before you can post anywhere besides the noob forum on the e-cig board i go on. 5 posts is nothing anyways. you can get that many in a few minutes easily.

Hent

look at strig, he's the biggest board whore ever. he had 100 posts before me and signed up two years later! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

7k posts isn't that much. i've got more than this on other boards. when they pruned posts on one board recently i lost over 1200 posts. :laugh: