50 years later

Hello from Mt. Vernon, Missouri.
I got my first mini bike in 1965. It was a blue Foremost. I was five years old. About six months ago, I was testing rail in Minneapolis. I work for an ultrasonic rail testing company. Well, I had to stop and back up to investigate an indication that would produce a detail fracture. As it turned out, someone left a Gilson mini bike between the #1 and #2 tracks. MINE!!!!!!! It was in horrible condition. So I rescued it and put it inside the hirail truck. Brought it home and started re-doing her. It has a Tecumseh H50 and runs strong. It was hacked as someone installed a Comet and removed the brake as the chain was moved to the left side. I was able to set up a band brake using an old oil filter wrench. Just took her for a morning spin! Seems that I ride her more than any of my other bikes. Oh, I have a 1968 Harley FLH (all original), a 1972 Norton chopper (built it on board the USS Okinawa in 1983 from a totaled out Norton Interstate a paid $100.00 for), 2005 FLSTFI Fatboy, and a 1972 Hodaka Super Rat. At 55 years old, I am just a big kid on a mini bike. Love it! Will post some pics of my latest ride soon.

Hello Kid Foremost.

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

What a cool story. And what a find.

I like what you say about you ride the mini bike more than of any of your other bikes.....I can relate, as my '71 Triumph TR6C Tiger, and my '70 Yamaha DT-1C 250 Enduro motorcycles continue to collect dust....and in the past two days I have ridden my Boonie Bike, my Super Bronc, and my Bird War Eagle mini bikes.

As they say....Ride On....:thumbsup:

And again Welcome to the OldMiniBikes !