52 Dodge B3B truck

I have an opportunity to trade for this 52 Dodge B3B truck. It runs good and will need body work, brakes and exhaust. Frame is in good shape as is the gas tank. Don't know much about this truck and value. Not having much luck finding replacement fenders, running boards. If anyone can give me an idea on value and where to find replacement body parts I would appreciate it. Also, can the fenders be repaired?

Last edited:
Nice old Dodge.. I had a 1957 International pick up years ago and the hood tillted from side to side similar to this one, the guy I got from painted It white and put like 2 x 10 wooden running boards on It..and It looked cool !

Wow Dave....you find the coolest stuff :thumbsup: .

I have a fondness for the old Dodge trucks, as I have a 1949 Dodge short wheelbase Schoolbus project waiting for my attention in the backyard.

In my opinion, that is a nice truck. And most of it looks to be there. When researching, look up Dodge Job-Rated , and Pilot house trucks...for some reason i'm thinking the Job-Rated moniker may have stopped around 1951, but the years shortly thereafter kept a lot of that cool look, w/ the butterfly hood, the protruding fender wells, and front wheel surrounds, etc.

My concern would be the extent of the rust ... I don't know bodywork, but if the rust is isolated just to those spots, I'd think it would not be too bad to repair. That said, if the holes that are visible, are all part of massive underlying rust coming through the back side of your fender wells and door panels...then that would be another thing.

Good luck on your decision, and keep us posted !

WLB

Check U S Body Source. They have fiberglass replacement parts that might be cheaper--and would never rust--than having the rust damage repaired.

thats not just fender replacement, thats a whole lot of structural under there that needs to be happy. also check the door hinge area, I'd bet they are toast.
Thats a rough project that will not yeild a lot of cash even if fully restored, you build that truck because you like it, not as an investment.
Roberts Motor Parts
roberts has all the early dodge stuff.

this is the forum with ALL the pilot house info you will ever need.
Forum for P15-D24.com & Pilot-house.com

Last edited: