5hp 1 inch crank

Fisher1983

I scored a free 1991 5hp model 130212 off a chipper today. The question is, are clutches available for the 1 inch cranks? Do they need a spacer up against the block since the crank is 1 inch all the way thru? Theres no tapered area for the clutch to stop. Finally, will a 3/4 crank drop in? This is a plain bearing engine so if memory serves a standard 130202 crank should fit with the stock side cover, yes? Thanks for any help....unable to find answers with search.

Fisher1983

Dont want to machine anything. My machinist needs drawings to reference. I posted under Wanted for a standard crank. Tried to PM The Restore Kid but it looks like he doesnt accept PMs?

Yep. Already looked at a bunch of clutches. If they werent expensive, they didnt meet my needs. And if they semi-met my needs, they were expensive. I did find a crank on Fleabay that will work but I'
m hesitant to pull the trigger at $50 bucks. I posted in the Wanted section hoping a fellow member would have a good used one at a decent price (that's already drilled and tapped on the end unlike the eBay part.) This engine has a burnt valve so it
ll be apart for a bit anyway....I want to make this one very nice for my Bug :)

there are 35 1 inch clutches too. i have one. the extra money on a clutch isnt bad and costs less overall unless you just kill clutches all the time.

there are 35 1 inch clutches too. i have one. the extra money on a clutch isnt bad and costs less overall unless you just kill clutches all the time.
Agreed. Just letting the OP know that the particular one you posted the link to will not work for # 35 chain which is most likely what he has.
Michael

35 chain, yes. A fello OldMiniBikes member replied to my wanted post with the correct crank. I look forward to receiving it. You guys here never cease to amaze me with your awesomeness!