6.5hp blue honda clone ?s

ok guys not reallt new to the forum but this is one of my first few posts

anyway ive tore down my clone and been getting it race ready as well as fixing a few worn parts when I came apon a device/part that I have no clue what it is or its function is

said piece is attached to the back of the stock camshaft gear, its some sort of lever with a spring, if anyone could enlighten me on what its called or what it does id really appreciate it, im think about removing it cause its been contacting the side of the crankshaft and making some noise at high RPMs, theres even wear marks on the crank from it rubbing, I also noticed during tear down that the intake valve stem had a cap on the end and the exhaust didn't, is this supposed to be this way or am I missing one for the exhaust?

this is the piece in question, you can see it on the back of the sprocket for the camshaft

once I get that all figured out ill be putting in a billet connecting rod, billet flywheel, maybe a small grind on the keyway to change timing, also I have a straight pipe race exhaust, the governer has already been removed, the carb has been rejetted, race style throttle linkage, and possibly some head porting

my other question would be how to remove the flywheel since there is no holes to bolt a puller onto it for removal

any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks fellas :001_cool:

Compression release...aka makes it easy to pull start. And gently pry out on flywheel while tapping the face of it with a hammer...it should pop off.

thank you much:thumbsup:, ive got a strong arm so ill prob be removing it for clearance:grind:, all the bearings are great an all so I have no clue why its rubbing the crank in the first place

also about my valve question, is the intake supposed to have that little cap on it and not the exhaust valve? its got me thinking I lost a part during disassembly