60s gulf indy go cart - $325 (coolville, Ohio)

pomfish

No, they are not Carter.
They are Funder Wheels Go Kart which was run by the same guy who founded Action Performance who launched some of the first Nascar Die Cast collectibles.

See article here;
Action Performance Companies, Inc.: Information from Answers.com

I had one of these small go karts and they actually have a plastic chassis. It is strong for plastic, but very small wheel base and more a toy than an actual go kart.
Anytime you see the steering wheel like the one shown in the OP's listing pics, it is a Fundercart.

HTH
Keith

Last edited:
Was made in the early 80's and up to the mid 90's. The chassis is mostly plastic along with most of the parts and wheels. Impossible to find parts for. Pretty cool for a lil kid to start on and it looks in nice shape.

No, they are not Carter.
They are Funder Wheels Go Kart which was run by the same guy who founded Action Performance who launched some of the first Nascar Die Cast collectibles.

See article here;
Action Performance Companies, Inc.: Information from Answers.com

I had one of these small go karts and they actually have a plastic chassis. it is strong for plastic, but very small wheel base and more a toy than an actual go kart.
Anytime you see the sterring wheel like the one shown in the OP's listing pics, it is a Fundercart.

HTH
Keith
I stand corrected, I just looked at a Camaro one the other day and remember the Funder Wheels name. Seemed cheaply made in many areas and OK in others. It had a Tecumseh Powersport that was rough. $200 was too much.