69' Bonaza mini chopper - new to forum!

The 400,410,500 are all the same except for the JS on the 410 and 500. The rake(or chop) is the same on all 3. In some of the brochures it does appear to be different.

I've talked to Jarvis several times. Those bikes aren't untouched....they're re-stored. Most were pretty rough when he got them.

I see what you were looking at though. The steering neck does appear to be at a different angle. The 400 is leaned over a little, may be creating some distortion or illusion in the photo?? The wheelbase is the same on the 400 and 500 in his pics.

Looks like he gave up on the project.1969 Bonanza mini chopper

Bryan....It could have been a CR 410(Tecumseh powered with a Jackshaft) also.
I did give up.. The kid's grandpa bought them little dirtbikes for Christmas and so I figured they wouldn't ride ScooterTrash. So, I posted an AD. But after posting the ad, and getting little response (so little that I forgot the ad was there - now deleted), I decided screw it and got a renewed interest. I hauled the frame and old seat up to my pal's hotrod shop (who did all the work on my 63 t-bird) and after he hand pin striped a couple of areas and got me started on the seat work, I hauled it home and rolled it all together in my last few days of holiday vacation.

This was supposed to be an under $200 project but I blew by that a little. That's why I'm having such a hard time with the tank. I don't want to spend 25-50% of my current investment on the tank alone. And the Hodaka that every one keeps suggesting...??? Prob never gonna happen while I own this thing. The closest I will get is an old Phoenix repro-motor I found online if I could get it for $130 shipped! <-- any advice against that?

So that is where I'm at... Now that I'm a fiber glass technician (friend got me started on the new seat shell), I thought about getting a newer style flat tank and and molding a fiberglass peanut tank around it and strapping that to the existing strap mounts (no worries, I will not cut, torch or weld the frame) :smile:

I removed the ad for now. I may or may not re-post it when i get bored with it. I may post it, get pissed off at the low ballers and remove it again. Who knows? LOL It is no longer the kids toy though. It's not as KEWL as their new dirtbikes. You might see me up in Sturgis.. Be on the lookout!