6hp Won't start

I have this 6HP Powersport engine that's not starting. The engine has compression and it turns. The spark plug works fine when put on another engine, but when I turn the engine while the spark plug is on the coil from the Tecumseh, I get no spark at all. I've also severed any wired connections from the coil to se if I'd get a spark....nothing. I'm certain the problem is limited to the coil, but I'm not sure how to correct it.

Please reply quickly so I can take advantage of the snow that's falling as I type!

im guessing that it dont have points . so that would leave that the coil to flywheel gap could be wrong , should be like a business card off the flywheel . if not the gap then i would say your coil has given all it will give and needs to be replaced .

125ccCrazy

make sure you didn't bolt it on backwards or the kill wire contacting any part of the engine and grounding out the coil...

as mentioned above, did you gap it? and is it a non points coil?

I'm sure it's not backwards. The engine started a 6 months ago, and when I went to check on it now I'm not getting a spark. Also, I've taken off the wiring contacts from the kill switch on the side to see if that was the problem, still, nothing.

check the coil to flywheel air gap. Spec is probably something like .010 - .016 inches. This dimension is critical. IF you make the adjustment and it still does not run or get spark, then the coil is probably bad.