71 up Rupp guy's.. A few more questions.

Help me out here. I have a few little things and I can get this thing together:scooter:

#1 is there a 'fix' for the spot on the frame that catches the kick stand forward (you Rupp guys will know what I mean)
I was thinking of either welding it up and reshaping it? Or maybe just running bolts from the inside out, to act as pins to catch it. (that original design sucked, every one I've seen is rounding off) See Pic below.

#2 I'm assuming when using a 'standard' 2 1/2" crank engine you can just use a spacer on the end of the crank (for use with the OEM Rupp clutch)

#3 Greg had told me the belt part#, I think it was a gates#.. I forgot, what is the belt # again.

#4 Anyone have a line on the driven spring. I see the driver springs are available but I don't see the on for the rear.
And I'm still looking for a HS50 Slant Intake And the wheel bearing hub for the brake side of a Scrambler/Hustler.

jrzmac

Help me out here. I have a few little things and I can get this thing together:scooter:

#1 is there a 'fix' for the spot on the frame that catches the kick stand forward (you Rupp guys will know what I mean)
I was thinking of either welding it up and reshaping it? Or maybe just running bolts from the inside out, to act as pins to catch it. (that original design sucked, every one I've seen is rounding off) See Pic below.

#2 I'm assuming when using a 'standard' 2 1/2" crank engine you can just use a spacer on the end of the crank (for use with the OEM Rupp clutch)

#3 Greg had told me the belt part#, I think it was a gates#.. I forgot, what is the belt # again.

#4 Anyone have a line on the driven spring. I see the driver springs are available but I don't see the on for the rear.
And I'm still looking for a HS50 Slant Intake And the wheel bearing hub for the brake side of a Scrambler/Hustler.

#1. The person I bought the bike from came up with a good idea for the kickstand. He found a long spring and has it running underneath the engine mounting plate, across it, holding both sides tight in the holes in the frame, works pretty good! I'll post a pic if I can find one.

#2 I'm pretty sure my engine has a 2 1/2" crank, and I didn't need any spacer at the end of it! you mean for the driver to fit on? I think I might have used a little bit longer bolt to hold it on maybe.

#3 the Gates belt # is 6061. also the Comet belt # is 200419 that you can use too!

#4 driven spring- #15127 TC DRIVEN SPRING

ELT

I used the mig welder and rebuilt the worn off corners for the kickstand. Then I ground them back into shape.

I agree, the best fix for the kick stand is to weld up the frame and grind it into shape. The good news there is that the weld is much harder than frame was so it wont wear out again. That always annoyed me as a kid my kick stands never worked :cursing:

oldfatguy

I had the problem that the holes in the frame for the kick stand were worn out to big ovals. I drilled them out to 5/8" and then made two steel bushings on the lathe and hammered them in. If you decide to build up the worn parts with weld you can clamp a piece of copper or stainless under it to build up the weld on. the weld shouldn't stick to it when you take the clamp off.

HS50-drop-slant-intake-manifold.

hs50 drop slant intake minibike

I welded it up. I need to do a little more shaping to it but it should work great.
Guy's I desperately need the bearing hub for the brake drum side... Anyone????? I did find a intake, I no longer need that, just the hub.