72 Minitrail in CA for road use?

Picking up one from a friend and looking to get it road legal. Already read through a few posts on this site, so I don't think I'll like the answer. I just checked the California DMV website and looks like the bike falls under the motorized cycle class and can be road legal. All I'm getting is a bill of sale and no other previous DMV papers, is there any way to get this thing to be road legal?

Neck

Growing up is optional
It was originally road legal, all equipment was included to make it street legal from the factory. I think in 73 blinkers became mandatory equipment, so you'll sneak under that. However, a stock maximum speed of about thirty MPH would make me a little uncomfortable on California streets!

Are you nuts. Im 5'8 and wouldnt wanna ride it 50ft. my knee's hit the bars and was very hard to shift.

I think this is a pipe dream that should never come to reality.

Haha, I don't plan to take it any further than a mile or two on side streets. Agree with the fit, I'm 5'6" and it's still cramp. I learned to ride on this exact bike 10+ years ago before moving on to bigger bikes, so I've been itching to have another go. Who knows, maybe my son will learn on it once he get's older.