8" Go Powers on a Bonanza

I had these wheels and a bad Bonanza frame so I said "lets see"
The back wheel is a 3/4 tapered bearing with a #41 sprocket and the front wheel is set up for a 5/8ths axle. Don't know what engine to run but I'm gonna have to run a clutch brake.

I bid on those same wheels on e-bay and was the highest bidder I bid $80.51 as my maximum bid and it did not make the reserve. they were in Colton, California. So now they have a new home. I was wondering about the rear wheel bearing it looked like I guess it is set up for tapered bearings. I have a set of 8 inch Go Powers on my trail bike.
Did you have any issues with taking the wheels apart ? As the steel bolts are threaded directly into the cast aluminum ??? My front wheel has a 4 inch brake drum held on by 6 counter sunk Allen bolts also threaded into the aluminum casting.
As for them being used on a Bonanza why not looks just great . My rear wheel was set up with a Bendix 6 inch go kart style brake. I haven't tackled that one yet. And the new tires look nice and I would like to know the what and where you got them ?
Steve :scooter:

I bid on those same wheels on e-bay and was the highest bidder I bid $80.51 as my maximum bid and it did not make the reserve. they were in Colton, California. So now they have a new home. I was wondering about the rear wheel bearing it looked like I guess it is set up for tapered bearings. I have a set of 8 inch Go Powers on my trail bike.
Did you have any issues with taking the wheels apart ? As the steel bolts are threaded directly into the cast aluminum ??? My front wheel has a 4 inch brake drum held on by 6 counter sunk Allen bolts also threaded into the aluminum casting.
As for them being used on a Bonanza why not looks just great . My rear wheel was set up with a Bendix 6 inch go kart style brake. I haven't tackled that one yet. And the new tires look nice and I would like to know the what and where you got them ?
Steve :scooter:
Hey Steve
The front wheel I had to drill two frozen bolts out of. The back wheel,all the bolts came out easy. It also has been machined out and an aluminum tube was added in both sides of the wheel and it has the races in the tubes for a tapered bearing with a 3/4 axle. I had to press one tube out of the wheel to shorten it so it would fit in the swingarm of the Bonanza. The sprocket spacers were also shortened.
Yes, I got them from the guy in Colton, I knew he had them before they went on ebay. We did some horse trading because I wanted them really bad !
I had a new tire on the front wheel along with a new inner tube. A couple of weeks went by and today the tire was flat. The tube was defective(DARN AZUSA CRAP)

kbs8ball

8 inch rims really make a huge difference in the trail riding capabilities of those frames...even more so on the 7/8" tube frames.

Be nice to Tommy ED. He is going to see me tomorrow for the first time at Atomic Cycles when I bring the second two bikes to donate to kids who cannot afford them. I will be there by 9:30 AM with a smile and need to be introduced to the gang...

Tom, have a nice day!

TT

Update with Tec HS40 and front tire on

I scored a Tecumseh HS40 at the Van Nuys minibike swap meet on Sunday for $20.00 without gas tank and carb. It already had the Rupp angled manifold and pipe on it. I had a diaphram carb and gas tank. After spending a little time putting on the missing pieces, I started it up and it purred like a kitten. Now I just have to figure out the right gearing to pull those tires.

The head on shot looks like the wheel is offset, It's not, the picture is a little crooked.