A 68 TT500 and 69 Roadster on EBay...!!!!

Midyrman

Rupps

Regarding the 68TT500, can anyone tell from the pictures what is not correct on the bike? Does it look like original frame paint? Missing air filter housing is all my Rupp-uneducated mind can see.

Looks like it is original paint to me. Correct engine. Correct brand tires. Appears to be correct taillight. Correct handlebars. Headlight glass is different but that isn't a big deal. Brake levers are different but that is common. The aluminum ones broke immediately if a wipeout occurs. Missing kickstand but you can have Marcus make you one. Can't get a whole lot closer to original for a 47 year old fun machine. Maybe just some engine and carb work and you are off and running.

Jamie1972

Regarding the 68TT500, can anyone tell from the pictures what is not correct on the bike? Does it look like original frame paint? Missing air filter housing is all my Rupp-uneducated mind can see.
If you can get it for 1,800.00 or less I think it's a good investment. (IMO) Rupps hold there resale value rather well....
And there just plain awesome minibikes!

Midyrman

So far I have been a Bonanza guy. But the '68 TT500 is such a neat old style mini bike made before they became more of a mini-cycle style. The later Rupps are also very nice but something about the earlier years. Must be getting old........

It is a very nice bike. Just don't have the room to fit it in my collection currently. I think it will go higher than that personally. I recently saw 2 incomplete and incorrect 69 Roadsters sell for 2500+ each over the past few months. And TT's are worth far more than 69 Roadsters IMHO.

Jamie1972

It is a very nice bike. Just don't have the room to fit it in my collection currently. I think it will go higher than that personally. I recently saw 2 incomplete and incorrect 69 Roadsters sell for 2500+ each over the past few months. And TT's are worth far more than 69 Roadsters IMHO.
Agree...(On the TT Part...lol)