A better use for golf balls

Here's a good thing to use old golf balls for. I used to work at a factory right next to a golf course a few years ago and I would bring home several dozen stray golf balls a month. Just drill a pilot hole about an inch deep and hammer a file into the ball until it's nice & tight and viola a nice palm sized handle.

65ShelbyClone

I never would have thought of that! I just let the pointy handle stick into my hand.

I just sold off all my golf balls (over 1700 of them ) :doah:
I used to live by the 18th fairway of a golf course. All the golfers were tired/drunk by then and slicing out into the street. I would cruise by and pick them all up. I still have a 5gal bucket of golf balls. :001_tongue:

I almost got nailed a couple times, too. :eek:ut:

H

Handful

Jeez, and I just found a few files that their handles have worn out... plus my neighbor loses plenty of golf balls in my yard!

My wife thought this was a cool tip, but I have wooden handles on all the files already, so we put some golf balls on one of the drill presses instead...

Everyone who sees it, chuckles or grins...

Cool tip...thanks for sharing it.

Guess you never used one with a liquid center!!!:thumbsup:
I was just going to warn people of that! I still remember the sweet burning sensation of that ooze shooting out on to my hand! They make great shifter knobs (garden tractor, tiller, etc.). I've used billiard balls for shifters (truck)as well.