A good day pickin

Was alerted to a local ad by another member so went to check it out this morning. Nothing special--just 2 brand new Tecumseh AH58-2 stroke Go Kart motors--both bolted to original cardboard and one in the original box with the warranty sheet. Also got chain, a few parts and 8 Pinewood Derby CO2 dragsters with bags of new wheels and axles--a great day.

capguncowboy

Nice haul! I have been thinking about putting one of those old 2-strokes on a bike for a while now, but haven't felt too motivated recently.

My son is doing his first Pinewood Derby Saturday. I'm bringing some of my old cars to race the other dads afterwards.

Aww, man...now I've got to go dig out my CO2 cars...the rule used to be you an "A" on the car if you beat mine (I always cheated--the kids had to build by the rules). One of mine was named the "Fuller Brush," looked like one with full inboard wheels, sectioned (illegal), a little weight to aid in acceleration hidden in front of the cartridge (illegal) and the wheels never touched the track.