A new toy (and this time I KNOW what it is) ;)

Just picked up one of my fave bikes style wise. A bit more of a basket case, but the price was right. :thumbsup: Both tires are double indian head Carlisle, hold air, but pretty dry rotted :| Handlebars are tweaked just a bit, and front foot peg is bent (back pegs gone).

theres one by me for 200 and its all original right down the the J/S is 200 a fair price i know no apprisls but i dont own the bike so its not really a appriasil

yea its the correct motor. dont know if its the original motor but its correct

Thanks dodge :thumbsup:

Just got done cleaning/degreasing the bike, taking off the electrical tape, some of the spray bomb paint all over the motor. Not sure on the proper color for the motor as the flywheel cover is that older brownish/rust color, and most of the motor is white. Found the original Briggs stickers..though they are upside down. :shrug:

Most the Boonie engines I ever saw were white... The 1972 codes out to about right... BUT the forth digit into the model number is a nine, which means vertical crank... So the cover does not belong to the engine... Actually if you look, it should be slanted in on the front side because the vert shrouds are... they look different from a horizontal shroud..

It does not matter what coil you get... If it's for a briggs 4 or 5 horse flat head it will work... Although I would get a newer EIC coil so you don't need points.. They are so much nicer to work with, although I think the points motors run better if ya play around with your point gap...

delray

couple things look to be wrong. first the recoil is mounted at the wrong angle and the tires are wrong too. they should be good/years. none of it looks to be stock to the bike.
BUT WHO CARES:shrug: they are a very cool bike to have. i just pickup a roller too this spring and a picture on the internet doesn't do Justice on how cool of a bike they can be when finish,stock or modfied.
HEATHKIT BOONIEBIKE