adapter for Mikuni?

Hey allstate. I am pretty sure that 22mm mikunis bolt right up to the tecumseh intakes. If I am not mistaken the bolt spacing is the same. If you know the bolt spacing on a mikuni 22 then let me know and I can double check for you on the intake, I have one off a motor right now.

They are pretty close, but you have to make the opening of the manifold larger to match the mikuni. Also the bolt flange of the mikuni is wider. you can elongate the holes on the manifold, and also make the mounting slots on the carb a little narrower, this will make it possiblle to put the mikuni on the Hs. I also have the 22mm mikuni I would like to put on my hs 50, I was thinking about fabricating my own manifold to give it a straighter shot. But I havent got around to yet. Let me know how it works out, I am very curious to know how it will run.

You have to make one, The stock manifold from Tecumseh is restrictive. Also the Bigger carb. gets in the way of the Exhaust pipe using stock Tec. intake, I tried it original and then made my own.

If someone were to whip up a few of those intakes, I know I would buy one. I have never put the 22 mikuni on the Tecumseh because I have noted that the manifold is indeed rather narrow. Minibikedude's setup looks sweet.

Minibikedude, the exhaust on your bike, is that a stainless clone of the BW pipe, or is that an actual BW pipe? I have a Roadster 2 that is nearly complete that I will be working on, the exhaust has the usual big dented portion so I am thinking of putting a BW pipe on it instead. Thinking of investing in one new from blackwidowmotorsports.com. Do those engines run pretty well with that pipe?

Thanks for pic minibikedude, How does it run with the carb? I have mildly ported hs50 with 3 angle valvejob, milled head, and light weight flywheel! It runs really good, revs quick. but was hoping to get more top end with the mikuni? How do you like it?

Not SS, but Yes it is a clone of a BW exhaust, It's made from 1 inch tubing were the original Blackwidow had 7/8 tubing used. The inside of the tubing is as large as the port off the motor, I also ported and polish the intake and exhaust on the engine Its a HS50. It sounds realy good.
I been thinking of making some intakes up,But, I need someone to cut the flanges to save time, I hand make the flanges and its very time consuming. I got 3 right now setting on my bench waiting to go on bikes.

I just ordered the carb and filter. My HS50 sits straight (it will be going in a Bird Drover)

If you decide to make up a couple of upright engine manifolds minibikedude, I appreciate the effort and will definately buy one from you.

Ready now, but also patient.

jrzmac

not for nothing but I think there are more than a few of us on here that would definitely buy
one of those intakes. I know I would, then I could get a Mikuni carb also.

MikeBear

You have to make one, The stock manifold from Tecumseh is restrictive. Also the Bigger carb. gets in the way of the Exhaust pipe using stock Tec. intake, I tried it original and then made my own.
If someone were to whip up a few of those intakes, I know I would buy one. I have never put the 22 mikuni on the Tecumseh because I have noted that the manifold is indeed rather narrow. Minibikedude's setup looks sweet.
Not SS, but Yes it is a clone of a BW exhaust, It's made from 1 inch tubing were the original Blackwidow had 7/8 tubing used. The inside of the tubing is as large as the port off the motor, I also ported and polish the intake and exhaust on the engine Its a HS50. It sounds realy good.
I been thinking of making some intakes up,But, I need someone to cut the flanges to save time, I hand make the flanges and its very time consuming. I got 3 right now setting on my bench waiting to go on bikes.
not for nothing but I think there are more than a few of us on here that would definitely buy
one of those intakes. I know I would, then I could get a Mikuni carb also.
I'd like one of those intakes also. I want to replace the carb on my Tec OHH60 with a Mikuni. Let me know if you make them up, thanks!