advanced timing

6.5 clone gonever removed , billet rod ,high volume breather ,18 lb valve springs header , wont start .? doe,s the timing have to be advanced 8 degree,s to start ?

Ratbike

6.5 clone gonever removed , billet rod ,high volume breather ,18 lb valve springs header , wont start .? doe,s the timing have to be advanced 8 degree,s to start ?
Make sure there is enough oil in it as it won't start if the oil is low...( oil sensor). Gas on and enough gas... I've made these mistakes before...LOL!! Once forgot to hook up spark plug ... LOL! Duh on my part

125ccCrazy

No you don't have to have the ignition advanced with those mods for it to run, advancing the timing is another performance mod so the engine should run... Like mentioned above make sure the oil shutdown isn't accuated and grounding out the coil, check the spark and make sure the fuel is turned on ... I'd disconnect the low oil shutdown since they are worthless on a minibike and cause nothing but trouble..... .. You may have to prime the carb also...

tommorow i will just recheck everything my gut says electrical . i don,t think its getting spark at all .what ever it is it is really simple

i'm pretty sure the low oil sensor needs to be removed when installing a billet rod. i thought it said that in the instructions from ARC (it's been awhile).

i,m going to recheck the timming and the valve lash again ,,, lots of spark and gas . the motor is new and never been started before , taken out of the box and taken apart and modds added .

make sure the marks on the cam and crank are lined up too.

also double check that the pushrods are fully on the lifters. i doubt that's the problem since you set the valve lash ok.

Did you try starting fluid? Sounds dumb, but with the compression release on a new engine I had to spray it a couple times on first start. I did the same thing on my first engine and found out better to throw some fuel in the thing and make sure it runs out of the box before mods.
Can't imagine timing key is broke, even though "heat treating" or "hardening" is not an option in China...
It'll run, just double check everything.:smile:

re check the valve lash i had the same problem until i set my lash at 5 and 6 no more problems with starting now
i'm at .002 and .003 and mine starts ok. it can be a bit of a pain in the ass when it's cold though.

Can't imagine timing key is broke, even though "heat treating" or "hardening" is not an option in China...
it happens, i've had one break on me. the one i broke was a 6° key though.

i pulled the side cover off ,the cam fell out ,put it back in reset the valves, one pull started right up , i think the cam was out a tooth , tommorow i have to fine tune . thanks for the help

i pulled the side cover off ,the cam fell out ,put it back in reset the valves, one pull started right up , i think the cam was out a tooth , tommorow i have to fine tune . thanks for the help
Cool man. Cam usually falls out if you have it sitting upright and remove cover. Sounds like you got it. Happy Motoring!:thumbsup:

Napo, adjust your mixture screw. Once you change that you may need to move the idle screw just a little bit as it might idle to high or low after adjustments are made.