Affordable Chrome Plating Options

Can anyone suggest a decent but affordable plating shop that will do mail order? My local guy is outstanding, but the prices are insane from what I've heard others paying for the same parts. Obviously you get what you pay for but 70's minibike chrome was never 5-star. "Original" quality and appearance is good enough for me.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Street Smart

It`s hard to get chrome work done here in New York city with out sending it out. I had my powdercoater ceramic coat a set of fenders for me, they started out with heavy rust but the coating levels all that out... One complaint is it looks like cloudy chrome

Last edited:
Affordable is a "relative" term when it comes to chrome plating...from my experience it's all very expensive, esp. when doing a mini bike. I've spent $800 just on chrome for 1 mini before. There is definitely a difference too...so shop around and get some opinions of people you trust. I use Concourse Polishing and Chrome in Phoenix, but I'm not sure if they ship or not. They are expensive and they take 4-6 wks usually.

I used these guys before Electroplating of El Paso I emailed them pics with measurements and they quoted me a price. I sent the items, they gave me a call and quoted me the same price. They were 1/4th cheaper than the 3 other quotes I got from shops in PA. Nate

Here on Long Island we have Nassau Chromium plating in Mineola. Wouldn't say they are cheap but beats paying for shipping. Only issue is due to environmental concerns in NY they cannot use zinc in the process which will limit its durability. Used them to do all the chrome on a 1959 Chris Craft I had and the show chrome came out perfect and I never had any issues. Just a thought. The shops in PA are still able to use the process which includes zinc which from what I have heard is a little bit better. Places like Pauls chrome in PA charge an arm & a leg and ask for the SS# of your first born but their work is second to non. Not needed on a mini in my book or on my dollar.

All my powdercoating is done by Action Powdercoating in Farmingdale. Good guys and great work.

Dan

Last edited:

Itype2slo

I like to drop off & pick up my stuff and peek at the things other people are getting done. I also hate shipping. Chrome is never affordable.