aggressive dogs

i was out smoking about 40 minutes ago and standing by the front of my truck. there was some large pitbull (possibly a mastif but looked more pit, it was easily a 100lb dog) by the mail box. it started barking at me like crazy and acting aggressive. i let it bark at me more and finished my smoke. it ran around my neighbors yard some and then came back my direction. once it got within 10' and wasn't acting friendly i finally went inside.

i went out a minute or so later and gave my neighbor a call to see if it was his dog (he's got 3, i've never seen them though) and it wasn't. he heard it barking at me and thought maybe we got a dog.

fast forward to a few minutes ago and i saw animal control drive by. i went out and talked to him and one of the other neighbors called them. he's been driving around the whole neighborhood for a bit but hasn't seen it.

i thin it was the people across the street that called. i'm sure they heard/saw it barking at me.

confrontations with large, aggressive dogs kind of suck.:thumbdown:

I am a lawn guy, in any given work day, I may go into 30-40 back yards fertilizing and spraying. I have been bitten 5 times, mostly by small yappy dogs. I like dogs, had them all the time growing up, have a St Bernard and a Golden Retriever now, but I can't fathom why anyone would want an aggressive dog. It's like leaving a loaded gun out in the yard. Pepper spray works wonders on aggressive dogs BTW, as does a revved up string trimmer.

i used to deliver pizza and would have to deal with dogs every once in awhile. i found if i shoved the pizza bag in their face, they'd normally get all excited about that since it smelled like food.

My next door neighbor had 4 agressive pit bull dogs. 1 charged me for what reason well never know. She did not seem to upset with only 3. Very unpredictable dogs. tardman

Oldsalt

i used to deliver pizza and would have to deal with dogs every once in awhile. i found if i shoved the pizza bag in their face, they'd normally get all excited about that since it smelled like food.
I have never owned an aggressive dog. It tells me a lot about the owner and not all that much about the dog. You're right! A friend has a Ausie Shepard that is very aggressive if you arrived and the owner is not outside. I found that if I brought a little dog treat there's total peace

A snap kick to the jaw will kill a Doberman. A pitbull is a different story. Shoot it in the heart and ask questions later. If a dog shows vicious aggression to you or a family member you will not be charged with animal cruelty. I would have grabbed a gun and a cell phone and called 911. Then when the dog approched you and you fired on it, it would be on tape and you would have been able to hunt within the city limits...

A cat came through the doggy door and I nearly killed it before I called it in as drooling and sick and starving. My mother was hurt and the (Seargent) cop was aware of the potential threat with her arm cut open trying to shoo the cat out...

TT :2guns:

BTW, Thanks Hent for removing the repulsive green machine....lol....

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

several years ago when my middle son was about 2 or 3 we went for a walk and when we started home my son ran ahead maybe 75 feet, well the neighbors two dogs came out and rushed him, I ran up a drop kicked the one back into thier yard and just missed the other one, if I could have caught those dogs with my hands I was gonna twist thier heads off.... fortunately they only nicked him but if I hadn't been there, if he would have just been out in the yard playing with our older son who knows how bad it could have been.. I can do with or without dogs....

My dad owns hoptoit llc and they had a dog bite them before, One of the workers were getting bit and he pulled out his pocket knife and got it.. Didnt kill it but scared the crap out of it. hell my dad even makes the home owners pay for every dog crap pile, He tells them they need the crap picked up before they cut and most of the yuppy rich people dont, They would rather pay .50 each crap pile lol. My dad doesnt want crap all over a 12,000 grass hopper. :001_9898::001_9898::001_9898::001_9898::001_9898:

Heres a pic of the dog i got the day before christmas, Its a pure beagle, she's about seven months, My parents own two beagles as well and my brother owns a coonhound (big dog with to much energy)

Heres a pic of the dog i got the day before christmas, Its a pure beagle, she's about seven months, My parents own two beagles as well and my brother owns a coonhound (big dog with to much energy)
awwwww.... cute little puppy dog. :laugh:

a guy i know has a beagle that he got as a puppy. that dog would try to hump everything in sight when it was young.