Air filter adapter question

gbabins1

Hey guys... not sure if any of you read my other post about the BMI air filter adapter ... but if read that this will make some sense. The pictures below show two different adapters....The one on the left was purchased from ProMods and after installed did not require rejetting... but notice it also has a cut outs on the left and right side of the adapter where the one on the right does not. The one on the right was purchased from BMI and when installed it required the carb to be rejetted ( thanks again to mmisterbungl for sending me the jet ) but my question is, do you guys think the cut outs on the left one has something to do with this? (not requiring the carb to be rejetted) :shrug:

C9H13NO3

The carb will need to be rejetted either way. How do I know? I have run the BMI air filter adapter and one from ProMod and the engines ran exactly the same.

Not having to re-jet the carb after installing the adapter could be a cause of the clone's poor quality control, as the jet may have been bigger than it should have been.

gbabins1

The carb will need to be rejetted either way. How do I know? I have run the BMI air filter adapter and one from ProMod and the engines ran exactly the same.

Not having to re-jet the carb after installing the adapter could be a cause of the clone's poor quality control, as the jet may have been bigger than it should have been.

Ahhhhhhh, that makes sense. I didn't have to rejet with the one on the left.... but after installing the one on the right, the bike would hardly move .... almost ran like the choke was on.
Thanks for your input... this one had me puzzled. :thumbsup:

C9H13NO3

Ahhhhhhh, that makes sense. I didn't have to rejet with the one on the left.... but after installing the one on the right, the bike would hardly move .... almost ran like the choke was on.
Thanks for your input... this one had me puzzled. :thumbsup:
No problem.