Allied Lesure Corp....don't......

HESITATE TO USE THESE FOLKS. Everyone I spoke to up there was just great. I bought the band brake kit and while it is a little pricey....it will fit the bill.

Customer service was great from the gal who answered the phone to John to RJ.

Good Company...No worrires.

Second

Agreed, I bought from them for the first time last month, Ray(lil indian) answered the phone, answered all my newbie questions and took my order, received fast shipping,,Will definately order from them again.....L

can wait til it gets here....been riding the little Atlas with no brakes and all the neighbors get a huge kick seeing this big ole dude riding this little bike down the subdivision streets.

oldsledz

Is Regis the owner now? i know it has changed hands. I may give them a try again some time, I ordered some parts 2 different times a few years back and got poor service both times.

owner

I believe Ray and Regis both have their interest. Ray did tell me that Regis was opening a paint company in the Atlanta area and that was the delay on the 50th aniversary bike, He was not sure they were even going to be produced for sale....
Is Regis the owner now? i know it has changed hands. I may give them a try again some time, I ordered some parts 2 different times a few years back and got poor service both times.

Just a note for everyone that purchases a band brake kit from Allied....the brake control handle they ship will not work on a 1" set of bars.....

I was a little disappointed since I had asked and was told that it would with the addtion of a longer bolt. It simply doesn't. The two piece bracket is just to small and even a longer bolt has interference with the top of the handle bar tube.

I'm going to call them and see if they have any suggestions.

MINI-MATIC

I contacted Allied Leisure yesterday with a question for Ray,I recieved kind a cold shoulder additude!:thumbdown:when I askled for Ray,the person said Ray who:doah:,he told me that the person who used to own the company went out of business about 2 years ago!! and that this is not the same company,and there was no one named Ray who had anything to do with the company.He did finally mention that Regis owned the company.and that he was out of town.I mentioned that Regis was Ray's brother,I still felt like I wasn't getting anywhere,so I ended the conversation:doah:I guess the only time I will be able to converse with Ray,will be at the once a Year,Old School Minibike Show:smile::smile::thumbsup:

Well...I wasn't going to say anything but....

I bought the band brake kit and asked specifically if the brake lever would fit on 1" bars and was told that it would but I would need to add a longer bolt. Well it didn't and woudn't with a longer bolt so I asked them for some assistance and while they did say I could return the kit they were not much help with a solution...so....maybe I was a little quick to compliment them...

suprised

I am suprised..... the guy I spoke with said he was Ray, told me of Regis' new venture and was VERY informative....Something does not smell right over there who knows.....
I contacted Allied Leisure yesterday with a question for Ray,I recieved kind a cold shoulder additude!:thumbdown:when I askled for Ray,the person said Ray who:doah:,he told me that the person who used to own the company went out of business about 2 years ago!! and that this is not the same company,and there was no one named Ray who had anything to do with the company.He did finally mention that Regis owned the company.and that he was out of town.I mentioned that Regis was Ray's brother,I still felt like I wasn't getting anywhere,so I ended the conversation:doah:I guess the only time I will be able to converse with Ray,will be at the once a Year,Old School Minibike Show:smile::smile::thumbsup:

I contacted Allied Leisure yesterday with a question for Ray,I recieved kind a cold shoulder additude!:thumbdown:when I askled for Ray,the person said Ray who:doah:,he told me that the person who used to own the company went out of business about 2 years ago!! and that this is not the same company,and there was no one named Ray who had anything to do with the company.
That is a typical answer when your boss owes people money and is not paying the bills.

Hey mini just thought i would say i had the same reply from them at allied. It has been awhile since i bought stuff from them and they really crossed me wrong when they would not help me out . I called them to see if they knew if the flywheel off a 5hp tec flat head was the same size as the 6hp tec.but they did not care to try to help me maybe you might know what direction i should go to try to find out if they are the same crank size thanks gunner&gasser