Allis Chalmers / Gilson Parts Needed

MarksA-C

Hello, I am restoring a 1970 Allis Chalmers minibike.

I am missing the main chain guard and brackets. Thats the main big thing I need. Also looking for a new headlight but that isn't as important.

Other things I need are a original muffer, a undamaged front fender, and spokes for a 10" wheel.

Thank you

I'm assuming your bike is the spoked wheel version? Reason I ask is there is some differences between models- spoked one has small plastic fenders, and the 6" aluminum wheel model has wide steel ones. As far as the chain guard, the 10" model is painted, while the 6" one is chrome.
Are you looking for just the muffler, or the chrome exhaust shield?
The headlight is the same Speaker unit found on some Arctic Cats.:thumbsup:

I probably have some spokes, (they are used) how many do you need?

MarksA-C

I'm assuming your bike is the spoked wheel version? Reason I ask is there is some differences between models- spoked one has small plastic fenders, and the 6" aluminum wheel model has wide steel ones. As far as the chain guard, the 10" model is painted, while the 6" one is chrome.
Are you looking for just the muffler, or the chrome exhaust shield?
The headlight is the same Speaker unit found on some Arctic Cats.:thumbsup:

I probably have some spokes, (they are used) how many do you need?

I actually have both models :laugh:
I need 5-6 spokes for the 10" wire wheel model, I need both plastic fenders for the wire wheel model. At least 1 good wide steel for the 6" aluminum wheel model. Both need the chainguards. 2 chrome ones would be awesome :thumbsup:
and lastly for the muffler, Both parts re missing for both machines.

markus

Is it this same wheel (sun warsaw):

If so I should have some of those in the next few days as I am pulling and original rupp trails tire off a rusty wheel. I also have spokes for Yaun ta 10" wheels too

oh yea, wont help too much but Herters used the "speaker" lights too

markus

Wow, never had broken spoke on any of the Sun/grimeca style wheel's, they must have been taking it off some "sweet jumps". I'll take this wheel to work with me and get the tire off. The wheel is in good shape just a rusty outer band. In theory I should have at least 24 good spokes for ya:wink:

I actually have both models :laugh:
I need 5-6 spokes for the 10" wire wheel model, I need both plastic fenders for the wire wheel model. At least 1 good wide steel for the 6" aluminum wheel model. Both need the chainguards. 2 chrome ones would be awesome :thumbsup:
and lastly for the muffler, Both parts re missing for both machines.
There was a guy out of Illinois a few years ago that was selling NOS chrome chain guards on ebay, they were going for around $25-$35 bucks, he had around a half dozen or so, I got out bid on all of em:doah:

The exhaust will be tricky, as there are actually five parts. The 45 degree out of the block, muffler, chrome pipe, chrome shield, and the bracket to the frame. I've seen a lot of these bikes and these parts are almost always missing. The 45 and muffler are easy, but the rest can be hard to get. I need them for both my bikes as well. I have all the parts on my Wards 525 but it's too nice of a survivor to part out.

MarksA-C

There was a guy out of Illinois a few years ago that was selling NOS chrome chain guards on ebay, they were going for around $25-$35 bucks, he had around a half dozen or so, I got out bid on all of em:doah:

The exhaust will be tricky, as there are actually five parts. The 45 degree out of the block, muffler, chrome pipe, chrome shield, and the bracket to the frame. I've seen a lot of these bikes and these parts are almost always missing. The 45 and muffler are easy, but the rest can be hard to get. I need them for both my bikes as well. I have all the parts on my Wards 525 but it's too nice of a survivor to part out.
If they are complete, don't part em! I have an idea to make a somewhat close exhaust.

Gotta keep digging around I guess, need 3 chain guards myself :laugh:

ELT

I have a running 525 bike that I want to put a comet clutch and secondary that I have on. I need to find a set of the larger bearing mount plates for the jackshaft and swing arms. Running a 7hp tech. engine, its pretty snappy now but the torque converter will give me a better top end.

hey do either of you guys (Marks AC or Mark G) wanna sell your Allis Chalmers/Gilsons? I am still looking for one. I found MY ORIGINAL minibike down in Iowa and the guys told me he'd sell it back to me, and then he freakin backed out on the deal. I was so pissed.....So I am still looking for an Allis Minibike, as these things were near and dear to me.

Dan

capguncowboy

I am also looking for the exhaust components for a Gilson (for my Wards XE525). I need all five pieces and would appreciate any leads anyone has.
Good luck! It took me nearly 2 years to track down a mostly rusty one, and I paid dearly for it when I finally found one.

If I ever get time, I'm going to see about having the pipes repopped, but I've been on 60-70 hour weeks for the past 4 months