Alsport Identification

I have recently been given this "alsport tri sport" and would like to know what it is offically named and the year it was made. I feel stupid talking to someone about something I don't even know the name of. :shrug:
I have looked for information on these vehicles but haven't found much about them or pictures of ones that look like mine. This is the way I recived it so I have no information about the original engine.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

buckeye

You will get all the info you need here shortly. There are some real fans here.
Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
Also if you haven't yet, do a search on here. You will see some fine rides.

wjustice

From your pics, it looks like a trisport TS frame but not a TS body. I'm not sure what you are asking.but yes the RTS series had seperate fenders.

wjustice

Locking down the year is very hard. Pre 73 as they went to suspensions all around about then. As to the name, well that to is hard as it depends what engine it had originally

wjustice

After a second look, gumpit may be correct. I would say TS-50 styled body, no front suspension, 70 or 71 maybe. Probably had a 5hp.
Wow it has a tow hitch mount on it.

You will get all the info you need here shortly. There are some real fans here.
Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
Also if you haven't yet, do a search on here. You will see some fine rides.
Thank you for welcoming me by the way. :thumbsup:

Looks like the body is a TS-50 Style... definitely an alsport... 2nd one from left
Ah thanks for the picture, i do belive also it is that one, and also the body does have a tri-sport decal on the side.

After a second look, gumpit may be correct. I would say TS-50 styled body, no front suspension, 70 or 71 maybe. Probably had a 5hp.
Wow it has a tow hitch mount on it.
Well all of this is enough to make me happy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Also could anyone possibly guide me to a post/place on tips for the repair of the body, i do have fiberglass resin/matting but i don't know really how to get it to go the way i want i to make the body look original, and i don't want to make a complete mould.

wjustice

Use something to help form the shape. Metal.screening will work. Just tape it in place and glass over it. do a little at a time so you can build it up to the form you want