Alsport RTS 340

That switch sure looks like a light switch. Top ones the on/off,,bottom ones the hi/low. Why it's on there IDK,they didn't come with lights,however their were kits available . Do you have some cut wires by where the forks bolt up?

we4amigos, I'll look and see. Lot's of wires that are running from the engine to the front. Do you have any idea what the triangle shaped rod is that surrounds the engine and joins right behind the seat. Was wondering if that was factory?

wjustice

Indont think it's a phase 111. They came with k340/440 2as engines. About 40hp or so stock and maybe 55 on the pipes. It also would have had a holton diff and not the peerless. The only RTS models I've seen with the peerless were SL's.
Dont have any idea what the rods are, maybe brush bars.
For a clutch the 295 would have used a salsbury 780. For the 440 maybe try to find a comet 94c duster. It can handle the power and its tuneable if necessary.
The extra wiring may be from a SL also.

If it is an SL and you're interested, I have a back cover and a luggage rack /tail light bracket that I'm looking to sell. They're in rough shape and need a lot of work. Only issue would be shipping cost.

Shawn

I think someone added those tubes/bars judging by the welding & angle iron....why? IDK lol...
Your bike in my opinion is a pure RTS. That roll bar,seat,front tire ect. ect. I see no fender mounts on the rear,the SL has a different headrest roll bar..ect. ect. But maybe someone once was trying to convert it to a street legal trike,ya never know.
Here's a pic of a very original RTS-SL,,you can see all the differences and pieces missing

Sorry...guess the site is still having photo issues...I can't upload one

I see that someone didn't like having the foot rest on the frontend or they were very short . Steer the trike with your feet and put your arms out like the wings of a soaring eagle and watch all the big SUV's behind you scatter while doing 50 + on the freeway.
Steve

Had a little free time today. Got rid of the extra cage around the motor and removed the motor and the seat. Found this little black box mounted below the seat. Anyone know what it is?

wjustice

Could be a reg/rectifier. Maybe someone was attempting to put a charging system or lights on it. Half wave rectifiers will run lights, need full wave for battery setup. Does it have electric start?

wjustice

Half wave rectifier. Older snowmobile engine chargihg systems put out ac. They would take one leg and run it to all the lights. Light load should be near max charge output. Then they simply attach the regs one wire to the lighting and to ground. It clamps the system preventing overvoltage from blowing the bulbs. Its a typical system used on older sleds without electric start but with lighting.