and i thought i've done some stupid things....

Oldsalt

I have been kicked off web sites because they say what we do is stupid. (riding/racing fast minibikes)

What if your doing it for sport is that OK?
MDB
At first glance, to the casual observer, it looks like racing fast mini bikes on a street is dangerous. Upon closer observation it is clear there is the required amount of savy is being used so that it is not outragiously dangerous. Only a really up tight a**hole would think it is stupid. There is an old saying that sorta says: "some people are quick to find sin in the actions of others that they do not have the courage to commit themselves". Such folks probably spend a lot of time watching re-runs of Leave It To Beaver.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
LOL your right.
These guys had there mind set at what they watch on TV. They think we were riding up to a red light. And when it turns green "we go for it". Then racing through the city streets zig zagging around traffic.

I guess fake movies like "fast and furious" brain washed these guys.

Oldsalt

MDB

Never watched Fast and Facetious. Afraid of brain damage. However I have been made aware of some of the stupidities in the flik by braver souls. A Civic that will blow off a built Camaro?!?! I am attiching a picture of just a rear wheel of a 71 Camaro in my shop. It has approx. the same displacement in each of its eight cylinders as a lot of goofy rides presented in the movie. But it has acturally came to pass that a couple of demented rice grinder driver has tried to street race it. Like you said...Far too much televison being watched.

Last edited:
If it wasnt obvious from the first video the guy who gets run over by the car actually does die. I saw them talk about that clip on tv.

And ya I agree with Oldsalt some of this tv crap is making a mess of everything. You have people with no education in cars "modding" the car with neon lights 22" chrome wheels a 5 foot spoiler and a coffee can hanging off that back that gives them "20 more hp".......... and the fact they believe it is the most depressing part. Im happy when anyone gets involved in caring for their car...but thats very misguided. And then when someone finally does build a decent import car because thats the car they could afford then they get lumped back into that trash. Its pretty sad cause a car is a car, and with enough money you can make it compete in anything. But its like they are competeing to see who can add the most weight to the car with a huge stereo and then add nos so they can get up hills again cause the cars too damn heavy. I hate to admitt it but if done right the civic does make a good autocross car because its light and you can put a very good suspension on it. They can easily out handle any muscle car because of their size and weight. Is it a good drag car though?......hell no. Everything has its purpose.....some to be crushed by a tractor trailer...

Moral of the story, we have 240sx we run SCCA time trials with.....one seat, smashed up body, but cheap fun and at the end of the day its a good time. Sure I wish it had alittle more horsepower, but either way I still feel like im going to die....and I think thats what really counts :)

I can't define or relate to whatever is considered 'cool' in car culture these days...

I have absolutely no desire to modify the performance of a Civic...

But, if you're not old enough to have lived through the muscle car era, when premium leaded gas was 50 cents a gallon, and you could drive your 1967 Pontiac GTO 389/3 deuces/4 speed to work everyday, then I'll confirm that it was a very 'cool' time to be around...